Blog Widget by LinkWithin
"The soul that can speak through the eyes, can also kiss with a gaze."
~Gustav Adolfo Becquer

Tired, Cranky, and ....

>> Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Will you STOP Talking already!!!

Wow! Ok.....It does say "a place for my rants" at the top of my page. Right???
UGH!

I'm not a morning person. Never had been, It's a good bet that I never will be. That's ok. I accept that about myself.
I went to have have my teeth cleaned this morning. 8 AM. I've been going to the same dentist's office for years!! And have had the same dental hygienist since first moving back from Rochester, in 1994. Predictable. That's a good thing for me, particularly when someone is approaching me with sharp metal objects. There's a trust developed. I don't trust easy.

So, I'm tired, cranky, and without a cup of coffee, I go to my 8 O'clock dental appointment. After waiting about 10 minutes, I'm called in. I look up, and, whoah, wait a minute....Who are you, and what have you done with N.??? "OH, N. has cut down her hours to only one day a week because of the baby. I'll be taking care of you." Came the overly cheerful and rather loud reply.
Not a good thing to spring on me when.....I'm tired, cranky, and without a cup of coffee!

So I begrudgingly follow her back to a different room, get into the chair, close my eyes, open my mouth, and prepare to have myself, probed and prodded while I'm still in a semi-sleep state.

This woman did not shut up the entire time I was in that chair!!! omg! This wasn't a matter of her just trying to be friendly. It went wayyyy beyond that! I think I learned more about her and her life in the 1/2 hour I was sitting there, than I had with N. whom I've known for over 12 years!!!
And I think what ticked me off more was her obtuseness to not even recognize social etiquette and self-awareness that usually cues and guides people with interactions. You know what I mean. Like when you are really busy at work and one of your coworkers stops in your office to chat. You don't look up at them, as you continue to type away, and only nod and maybe a one syllable response to a question??? Most people are able to read cues like that to mean, "I'm busy right now trying to get something done." (I actually worked with a gentleman like that. I learned to just close my door when I heard him in the hallway.)

Anyway, I wasn't happy with this hygienist, particularly because of her droning about her son's SAT scores, the neighbor's dog, and the physical ailments she's had since growing older. With not a clue to how her incessant chatting may not have been appreciated. I am most certain the fact that I was Tired, cranky and was given the ol' "bait & switch" trick also played into it.

Regardless, when I made my next 6 month checkup before I left, I made it for a bit over the 6 month mark....just so I could have N. back! I missed her!

~CrankyZZ

3 Reflections:

Anonymous 2:59 PM, November 28, 2006  

Hey I went to the dentist at 8:00 today too!

http://rabbitramblings.blogspot.com/2006/11/trip-to-dentist.html

Anonymous 3:20 PM, November 28, 2006  

Have you had your coffee yet? :-) And, I think you and Boo planned that!

Anonymous 6:08 AM, December 01, 2006  

hey cool I can hear music now! Wow instantly too. :)

gwen

My Hikes in the Adirondacks

Search Greeneyezz Reflections

Loading

ZZ's Twit Videos

Summit of Mount Jo 9/24/10 A few friends were worried about me. They were worried about me hiking Mount Jo by myself, so I took this video to show how many people were around that day if I needed assistance. I even chatted with several and had a few people share a glass of wine with me at the summit. :) Mount Jo. 9/24/10 After the crowd left This is what the summit looked like... with no people on it. In the previous video I took, I showed all the people who had made this same hike to her summit.
© 2006 - 2010 Greeneyezz Reflections
© 2006 - 2010 Greeneyezz Reflections

   Ourblogtemplates.com (Modifications by Greeneyezz) Blah Blah Don't Steal My Stuff Blah Blah Bl...

Back to TOP