Blog Widget by LinkWithin
"The soul that can speak through the eyes, can also kiss with a gaze."
~Gustav Adolfo Becquer

Happy Birthday Sis!

>> Friday, January 12, 2007

On Thursday, I went to see Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat at the Civic Center. It was part of the Season tickets series for The Famous Artists' Series of Broadway Shows that come locally to Syracuse. It's kinda neat that they are the traveling troupes from Broadway as well. My sister and I have had season tickets AND the same two seats for about 6-7 years now. They're actually damn good seats, we are about 7th row Center. About 3-4 years ago, we had tried to see if we could move up a few more rows, and was told that someone would probably have to die first. Alrighty then! Since they had been able to bring Phantom Of The Opera and Les Miserable here, there had been a major increase in Season Tickets, to the point where they had to open up another day to accommodate all of them.
Anyway, I had seen this show before, several years ago, but for some reason, I think it was at Syracuse Stage and Not a Famous Artist's Series.
It did not really hold my attention though. Was the dancing and Singing good?? Yes. I just don't think it was memorable.

My Sister's Birthday was also a couple days before (Tuesday, 1/9) (Happy Birthday, Dearest Older Sister!!) {She would be disappointed if I DID NOT tease her about that!} :)
So, in tribute to her birthday, I had taken her to dinner first at BC Restaurant in Armory Square. An upper-scale restaurant where the owners, Sara & Bill Collins, appear to have extensive experience. Bill used to work at Montrachet and Tribecca Grill in NYC. Though I've never been to either restaurant, I am familiar with them, as they are often mentioned in Bon Appetite, Gourmet, and Epicurious.
My sister had the Apple Chestnut Stuffed Pork Loin, with Winter Squash Slaw in a Pomegranate Reduction. I had The Grilled Salmon, with a Citrus Fettuccini Parmesan Tomato Cream Sauce. We both started out with a bowl of their wonderful Crab and Tomato Bisque, and finished with sharing a Creme Brulee for dessert. Yumm! The Food was wonderful! This was my first time there, as I had been tossing back and forth if I should try BC or go with my all time favorite - Antonios. BC won out, this time around!! :)

A nice night and a great way to segue into a long weekend off!

~ZZ

1 Reflections:

Anonymous 8:11 PM, January 14, 2007  

Happy Birthday Sis! :)

gwen

My Hikes in the Adirondacks

Search Greeneyezz Reflections

Loading

ZZ's Twit Videos

Summit of Mount Jo 9/24/10 A few friends were worried about me. They were worried about me hiking Mount Jo by myself, so I took this video to show how many people were around that day if I needed assistance. I even chatted with several and had a few people share a glass of wine with me at the summit. :) Mount Jo. 9/24/10 After the crowd left This is what the summit looked like... with no people on it. In the previous video I took, I showed all the people who had made this same hike to her summit.
© 2006 - 2010 Greeneyezz Reflections
© 2006 - 2010 Greeneyezz Reflections

   Ourblogtemplates.com (Modifications by Greeneyezz) Blah Blah Don't Steal My Stuff Blah Blah Bl...

Back to TOP