Blog Widget by LinkWithin
"The soul that can speak through the eyes, can also kiss with a gaze."
~Gustav Adolfo Becquer

Long After Rainbows Lose Their Glow..

>> Wednesday, February 14, 2007

There's a poem that I somehow remember word for word.
It must have had some kind of impact on me, if I heard it as a teenager,
and am still able to recall it so many years later.
I don't know who the author is, and googling it did not offer any clues.
I think it's beautiful.
And on a day made for lovers,
before the greeting card explosion made it seem cheap and plastic,
I thought today would be a nice day to make it part of my permanent journal....
regardless that I already know it by heart! :)



Long after rainbows lose their glow,
And stars fall from the blue,
It is then, and only then my dear,
That I will stop loving you.

When ocean waves no longer roll,
And birds have ceased to fly,
Only after all of this,
Will my love start to die.

If suddenly the brilliant sun,
Would terminate its light,
My love for you would then grow cold,
And free of all its might.

These things of course,
Would never be,
For everything would end
And so my love will travel on,
The road with out a bend.

Through out the years,
I'll try to fill
your life with joy and laughter,
And when this life on earth is through,
My love will live long after.

~ Happy Lover's Day ~

1 Reflections:

Antiguablue 6:13 PM, May 20, 2008  

I too remember this poem perhaps in the early eighties. Excellent and it has crossed my mind from time to time, Thank God we live in a computer age because to find this would be difficult. Thanks for sharing this excellent and emotional poem.
AntiguaBlue

My Hikes in the Adirondacks

Search Greeneyezz Reflections

Loading

ZZ's Twit Videos

Summit of Mount Jo 9/24/10 A few friends were worried about me. They were worried about me hiking Mount Jo by myself, so I took this video to show how many people were around that day if I needed assistance. I even chatted with several and had a few people share a glass of wine with me at the summit. :) Mount Jo. 9/24/10 After the crowd left This is what the summit looked like... with no people on it. In the previous video I took, I showed all the people who had made this same hike to her summit.
© 2006 - 2010 Greeneyezz Reflections
© 2006 - 2010 Greeneyezz Reflections

   Ourblogtemplates.com (Modifications by Greeneyezz) Blah Blah Don't Steal My Stuff Blah Blah Bl...

Back to TOP