Blog Widget by LinkWithin
"The soul that can speak through the eyes, can also kiss with a gaze."
~Gustav Adolfo Becquer

OK....They FINALLY Broke it out!!

>> Monday, February 26, 2007

I know I've talked about this last year. You'll find the post here. I had, in my increasing longing for warm weather and sunshine, made my own little oasis of a sandy beach, right in my office. This had included the use of small toys and figurines that are commonly used in Play Therapy with young children, particularly in the use of a Therapeutic Sandtray. For those who would like to learn more about Sandtray Therapy, you can access more info here: SandTray Therapy.

I had made my own 'beach' more out of longing for summer, as is typical for the end of February. Because several coworkers had commented on it when in my office, I had decided to share this scene, and had placed it in the connecting business office.

Unbeknownst to me, it had created a big 'To Do' with everyone. Looking back on it, I really think it helped pick up the spirits of several people, as it became the topic of conversation at the proverbial 'water cooler'.

People took turns changing the scenery around, and as I had wrote in my first post about this, my co-workers had a lot of fun with it.:

"It was brought out again this past January. However, some people were having quite a bit of 'fun' with it!!! I came in one time to find both beach chairs sitting ON TOP of the palm trees. As I'm walking by it and see it, I stopped quickly! Behind me, in unison, two co-workers blurt out.. "Typhoon"......and then they went about their business! Another time I walked by, I see the Cabana Boy and the woman together..... never mind!"

So, it seems that all this snow, and right on target with it again being the end of February, has people longing for warm sunshine on their face and sand between their toes.

I come into work, hear laughing and friendly banter going on in the Business office and find several coworkers gathered around...

....my Beach that I had made Last February!!

It's Back, but this time...I've got pics!

And every couple weeks, I'm sure I'll come in to someone changing the scenery.

The two people on the right have cocktails from the Cabana Boy holding the tray.

Over view of the box, which was only the size of a shoe box.


The Cabana Boy ready to carry cocktails to us. (And yes...That's a large bug in the sand! ;)

I am tickled that my creative little beach has now become a tradition to help chase away the winter blues.

~Someone had recently put up a poll in the RF, asking what makes you smile, no matter what.
This needs to be included with my list.

~It makes me smile!~
:)

2 Reflections:

amity 9:36 AM, February 28, 2007  

greeneyezz....you are a goddess of ingenuity! what a brilliant idea!!!

hugs!

amity

GreeneyeZZ 6:20 PM, February 28, 2007  

Awww Amity!!

Thank you! And it is soo good to see your font....here as well as the RF. You seem to know how to brighten the board with your 'power twirls' and stuff!!

It's good to see you back! ;)

~ZZ

My Hikes in the Adirondacks

Search Greeneyezz Reflections

Loading

ZZ's Twit Videos

Summit of Mount Jo 9/24/10 A few friends were worried about me. They were worried about me hiking Mount Jo by myself, so I took this video to show how many people were around that day if I needed assistance. I even chatted with several and had a few people share a glass of wine with me at the summit. :) Mount Jo. 9/24/10 After the crowd left This is what the summit looked like... with no people on it. In the previous video I took, I showed all the people who had made this same hike to her summit.
© 2006 - 2010 Greeneyezz Reflections
© 2006 - 2010 Greeneyezz Reflections

   Ourblogtemplates.com (Modifications by Greeneyezz) Blah Blah Don't Steal My Stuff Blah Blah Bl...

Back to TOP