Blog Widget by LinkWithin
"The soul that can speak through the eyes, can also kiss with a gaze."
~Gustav Adolfo Becquer

Spike Heels!!!

>> Thursday, February 01, 2007


“Remember, Ginger Rogers did everything that Fred Astaire did, backwards and on high heels
~Faith Whittlesey

I have a fascination with shoes. All kinds of shoes. Particularly with high heels. Apparently, I'm not the only one with this fetish. They have dedicated a site for high heels, stilettos and other pumps at The High Heel Shoe Museum. I didn't realize this even existed until I stumbled upon it one evening.
I think I went into sensory overload when I first discovered DSW Shoes in Carousel Mall! I've since learned to temper my addiction! The fact that DSW had also moved into a smaller space (read: less shoes) had helped too.

So, How do you combine two of my favorite loves......Shoes and the Theatre???
Spike Heels! That's how!

And what do 10 Professional people who I spent the evening with, all have in common for this Thursday night??
Again...
Spike Heels...... the show!
It was definitely an evening of Estrogen, as the audience was 99.7% Women!! ;)
What was neat was being a part of these 10 professional people, ranging from other Social Workers, a Lab Technician, R.N.s and even a rather spunky psychiatrist who is a very well respected person in our community. I kinda giggled as there was also one male among us, and I know he was thoroughly enjoying himself. I think he was chomping at the bit to tell his fellow workers what it was like to spend an evening with 9 hot women!! ;) I believe I was the 'baby' of the group, and that felt odd to me to know that.
Prior to the show, there was a special reception specifically for this show, and held at the Genesee Hotel. Appetizers of Spanakopita, assorted cheese, veggies, and dips, Huge Shrimp cocktail, Chicken Saute with a wonderful peanut sauce, miniature spring rolls and even Chocolate-covered Strawberries! Apparently there was supposed to be Beef Wellington, but that seemed to be MIA.
It's times like this where I wished I had owned a digital camera! It would be soooo much easier to post some of the pictures. We got a shot of all our spike heels together and then a head shot. The goal??? Match the sexy stilettos to the hot babe wearing them! We made sure that even the gentleman with us was still a part of both pics!

The show was wonderful!! Lots of dynamics, both positive and negative, between the sexes. I applaud them. The lead character, Gorgie, had spunk, and even though there were F-Bombs dropped every 3 minutes, (not for the faint hearted) it was put together quite nicely. The show dealt with sexual harassment, hidden agendas, love triangles, and issues of control. There were only four characters for the whole play, and Gorgie definitely had the 'floor'.
I want her shoes! ;)

It is being advertised as: "A witty, compelling and very tart comedy plunging headfirst into the complexities of contemporary adult romance. Even smart people are not so smart when it comes to love."





There's three more days left till this is over. If interested, check it out. A good show! Just make sure to find your highest spike heels!

~ZZ

3 Reflections:

Friday's Child 9:24 PM, February 02, 2007  

That little video clip of the woman walking in spike heels looks very painful! And the shoes look like they don't fit her at all! Yuck!

I for one can't wear spikes. I love shoes and I LOVE DSW, but I love my feet and want them to stay happy and healthy!

GreeneyeZZ 10:46 PM, February 02, 2007  

lol

yes they DO look painful, don't they???

But my guess is they weren't meant to be on your feet for very long, or at least....standing on them! ;)

I do like to wear heels... being 5'4" has been a bit of a motivation!
Don't get me wrong....I'm just as comfortable in a pair of timberlands or Nikes too. I'm usually in heels at work.

lexus 2:13 PM, February 03, 2007  

ZZ Glad you had a high stepping evening. I enjoy plays and concerts, too. We have several good lcoal theaters that present enjoyable plays/musicals as well as the Broadway Series that comes to town.
I don't wear high heels for a long period of time anymore. To think..I used to dance in them for hours..but, oh my aching feet the next day. lol.

My Hikes in the Adirondacks

Search Greeneyezz Reflections

Loading

ZZ's Twit Videos

Summit of Mount Jo 9/24/10 A few friends were worried about me. They were worried about me hiking Mount Jo by myself, so I took this video to show how many people were around that day if I needed assistance. I even chatted with several and had a few people share a glass of wine with me at the summit. :) Mount Jo. 9/24/10 After the crowd left This is what the summit looked like... with no people on it. In the previous video I took, I showed all the people who had made this same hike to her summit.
© 2006 - 2010 Greeneyezz Reflections
© 2006 - 2010 Greeneyezz Reflections

   Ourblogtemplates.com (Modifications by Greeneyezz) Blah Blah Don't Steal My Stuff Blah Blah Bl...

Back to TOP