Blog Widget by LinkWithin
"The soul that can speak through the eyes, can also kiss with a gaze."
~Gustav Adolfo Becquer

Dairy Aisles and Old Friends

>> Tuesday, March 20, 2007

I ran into an old friend of mine at Wegman's the other day. J1 was a couple years ahead of me in high school, but we also ended up going to college together in Buffalo for a couple years. It's kinda funny, I don't think I've ever spent that much time in the Dairy Aisle before. We were reflecting on some old times together as well as a couple of people we used to hang out with.


Below is a B&W pic from 1987 of from the left: me, S and J1. S was such a HUGE part of my growing up years from 9th grade till shortly after college. A smile creeps up on my face, as I type this, because the six of us (3 guys, 3 girls) were almost inseparable growing up. In a way, I think we were considered 'Eastwood's Brat Pack".
J1, who is on the right, had graduated from Henninger 2 years before me, and was the one who I ran into at Wegmans. Though J1 may have been a couple years older, and therefore, not part of that original 'brat pack', he still figured into a large part of my time spent at Buffalo.
This pic was taken in a park over the border in Canada, by one of my roommates. She now videotapes Crime Scenes for the DA's office in Manhattan, so she's got kind of a CSI thing going on for her. She had affectionately titled this pic 'Something Special' due to the friendship that is apparent with S and I. I really like the shadow effects of this pic, even though you really can't see much of my face in this shot.


One of the guys I had grown very close to, as he and I shared something in common that no one else had. Both of our fathers had passed away at a young age. Mine was first, in 8th grade, as he had Open-Heart Surgery and did not survive. J2's dad had suffered a heart attack the following year, and unfortunately, J2 was the one who found him.


Anyway, J1 and I were reflecting on some of those old friends. And what's happened over the years. I run into S occasionally and even J2 less than that, but with the upcoming reunion that we've been planning, I'm sure we'll be running into each other again.
As J1 and I have exchanged emails and finding out he lives very close to me, maybe we'll keep in contact with eachother too. Besides, it sounds like a mystery to be solved regarding the "Case of the Missing Chest of Drawers"! :)

Coming across someone from my past always puts me in a reflective mood. And it usually puts a smile on my face, thinking about some of the times we have had. It also makes me wonder, where the time has gone???
Wow.

~ReflectingZZ

5 Reflections:

FosterDad 10:01 AM, March 20, 2007  

That is too funny....great reflections. J1 and I ran into each other about a year ago(J! lived around the corner from me and graduated with my brother). I haen't seen him since the early 80's and he recognized me....I had no idea who he was until he told me his name! We chatted breifly and he was working on his house...just moved back! It is a small world!

GreeneyeZZ 10:20 AM, March 20, 2007  

yes it is a small world!

I'll be passing on the link to my blog to him so he can look at this pic. FD, he lives within walking distance of my house, and I know I've passed by it when out walking!

JQP 11:11 AM, March 20, 2007  

Interesting... I find that as I get older, the stories and friends of my youth seem to take on almost a mystic quality. Not that anything changes about them - I think it's more my attitude.

I'm writing a short story about it. Maybe someday my own "Eastwood Brat Pack" will see the light of day. [I won't use that name though, since you beat me to it. ;-) ]

Anonymous 9:52 PM, March 22, 2007  

zz is there anybody out there
fd i can`nt recall no short term
memory tell me more

FosterDad 10:29 AM, March 23, 2007  

My brother was Mike G. You had recognized me at the Mobil in Shop City. Now that I think about it...it was probably about 2 to 2 1/2 years ago.

You would probably recognize my faceon my site..
www.myspace.com/nyfosterdad

Look at the pictures section...I have a couple in there with my daughter and others.

My Hikes in the Adirondacks

Search Greeneyezz Reflections

Loading

ZZ's Twit Videos

Summit of Mount Jo 9/24/10 A few friends were worried about me. They were worried about me hiking Mount Jo by myself, so I took this video to show how many people were around that day if I needed assistance. I even chatted with several and had a few people share a glass of wine with me at the summit. :) Mount Jo. 9/24/10 After the crowd left This is what the summit looked like... with no people on it. In the previous video I took, I showed all the people who had made this same hike to her summit.
© 2006 - 2010 Greeneyezz Reflections
© 2006 - 2010 Greeneyezz Reflections

   Ourblogtemplates.com (Modifications by Greeneyezz) Blah Blah Don't Steal My Stuff Blah Blah Bl...

Back to TOP