Blog Widget by LinkWithin
"The soul that can speak through the eyes, can also kiss with a gaze."
~Gustav Adolfo Becquer

Fridays!

>> Friday, March 30, 2007

I LOVE that Day!

And couldn't wait until it got here, either! Not that I wanted the time to rush by. Not at all.

It's just that Work is starting to get very, very busy. And I am about to become buried in assessments, treatment plans, and engaging with new clients.

My place of employment had just recently changed the way we conduct our Client Intake Process, and while I think it will ultimately be for the better, will most definitely require some significant adjustment. Not only on my and other clinician's part, but the local community we live in as well.
It's interesting to watch how a change in how one clinic or psychiatric hospital will have a ripple effect on the others. Our community, in the last couple of years has seen this in action when Four Winds Psychiatric Hospital was closed down due to several NYS-OMH infractions severe enough to warrant them to be shut down in a community that is already in a crisis to accomodate children with mental health issues.
Between Four Winds closing, Hutchings on the brink of closing at times, and CPEP, with it's own share of financial problems, this has rippled to all the area clinics to be working with children who are more emotionally disturbed, than what they typically saw, say 5-6 years ago.

So, our change in how we conduct new intakes for clients will also impact the area clinics.
Without getting into too much detail, where we typically had a 3-4 month waiting list, these clients will now be triaged, and will be assisted imediately.
Better for the client, better for the community, better for the agency, but a HUGE adjustment for all the clinicians involved.
We'll see how this evolves.

Anyway......FRIDAY!!!

Looked forward to it.

Went to Happy Hour at Riley's, one of my favorite places to go. The atmosphere is quaint, the food delish and the bartenders wonderful.
Ended up splitting an appetizer and sandwich. And a bottle of wine.
Just what I needed to start off the weekend right and unwind after a particularly grueling week. :)

~ Happy Friday!

~ZZ

0 Reflections:

My Hikes in the Adirondacks

Search Greeneyezz Reflections

Loading

ZZ's Twit Videos

Summit of Mount Jo 9/24/10 A few friends were worried about me. They were worried about me hiking Mount Jo by myself, so I took this video to show how many people were around that day if I needed assistance. I even chatted with several and had a few people share a glass of wine with me at the summit. :) Mount Jo. 9/24/10 After the crowd left This is what the summit looked like... with no people on it. In the previous video I took, I showed all the people who had made this same hike to her summit.
© 2006 - 2010 Greeneyezz Reflections
© 2006 - 2010 Greeneyezz Reflections

   Ourblogtemplates.com (Modifications by Greeneyezz) Blah Blah Don't Steal My Stuff Blah Blah Bl...

Back to TOP