Blog Widget by LinkWithin
"The soul that can speak through the eyes, can also kiss with a gaze."
~Gustav Adolfo Becquer

Id, Ego, or Superego

>> Sunday, April 15, 2007

Everyone know the premise behind Freud's concept of Id, Ego, Superego??
If you need a Brush -up on this, you can find a quick description here.
Personally speaking, though Freud may have been brilliant in a few areas, I think for other areas, his driveway didn't go all the way to the road.
He is the one who first identified "Hysteria", saying that only women can be hysterical. (fyi - 'hyster' is definitely feminine in origin....think hysterectomy.)
Anyway, Freud believed that hysteria was caused by The Womb being 'lost' in the body and was wandering around trying to find it's 'home'.
Pardon me, but, just to let you know, I get angry, and usually when I do, others are aware of it. However, my uterus has never and will never.....wander. I know exactly where it is.....
at all times!

*Disclaimer*
This quiz is fluff. Anyone ever following my blog before, knows what I mean when I say that.
But it shouldn't stop you from enjoying it a bit.

You Are the Ego

You take a balanced approach to your life.
You definitely aren't afraid to act out on your desires - even crazy ones.
But you usually think first. Morals drive you as much as hedonism does.
You've been able to live a life of pleasure... without living a life of excess.

5 Reflections:

FosterDad 11:32 AM, April 15, 2007  

You Are the Super Ego

While some people may think first and act later... you often don't act at all.
You rather be safe than sorry, and you take ethics pretty seriously.
Like everyone, you have some pretty crazy desires. But unlike everyone, you restrain yourself.
You have high standards for your own behavior. And you happily exceed them.

Kim 1:20 PM, April 15, 2007  

While some people may think first and act later... you often don't act at all.
You rather be safe than sorry, and you take ethics pretty seriously.
Like everyone, you have some pretty crazy desires. But unlike everyone, you restrain yourself.
You have high standards for your own behavior. And you happily exceed them.

Kim 1:20 PM, April 15, 2007  

Hey, FosterDad and I are twins!

FosterDad 6:39 PM, April 15, 2007  

Wooo
Hoooo

and I like Mickey too. I even have a horrow story of a trip we took a while back....had to do woth my tire....well more like the whole wheel came off but similar.

Brunetta 10:45 PM, April 15, 2007  

You Are the Super Ego

While some people may think first and act later... you often don't act at all.
You rather be safe than sorry, and you take ethics pretty seriously.
Like everyone, you have some pretty crazy desires. But unlike everyone, you restrain yourself.
You have high standards for your own behavior. And you happily exceed them.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
This seems to be the most popular choice.
How about you GreeneyeZZ?

My Hikes in the Adirondacks

Search Greeneyezz Reflections

Loading

ZZ's Twit Videos

Summit of Mount Jo 9/24/10 A few friends were worried about me. They were worried about me hiking Mount Jo by myself, so I took this video to show how many people were around that day if I needed assistance. I even chatted with several and had a few people share a glass of wine with me at the summit. :) Mount Jo. 9/24/10 After the crowd left This is what the summit looked like... with no people on it. In the previous video I took, I showed all the people who had made this same hike to her summit.
© 2006 - 2010 Greeneyezz Reflections
© 2006 - 2010 Greeneyezz Reflections

   Ourblogtemplates.com (Modifications by Greeneyezz) Blah Blah Don't Steal My Stuff Blah Blah Bl...

Back to TOP