Blog Widget by LinkWithin
"The soul that can speak through the eyes, can also kiss with a gaze."
~Gustav Adolfo Becquer

1/2 Day of Hooky!

>> Tuesday, May 08, 2007


What a BEEEE-YOUUU-TIFUL Day to play hooky today!!! Tuesdays are my late day at work, don't usually get home until after 8 PM. I walked out of my house this morning and into the brilliant sun and made a decision right then and there I wanted to take a half day off and enjoy it. I would have taken the whole day but had a major first meeting with a new family and all the service providers involved, and didn't want to throw anyone in a tailspin at such a short notice cancelation.

Took off, went home and quickly changed into shorts tshirt and sandals, grabbed a bottle of water and a book and made sure my foldup chair was in my trunk and headed out to the parkway.

I think I just lounged in the chair with my feet kicked up, the sun on my face, and the sound of children laughing for about 1/2 hour before I settled into opening up a new book.


Good for the Soul!


I started reading one of my favorite authors, Nelson DeMille , his latest, Wildfire. He's a great author, often listed as a #1 New York Times Bestselling Author.


I think he is brilliant in a similar fashion that I view Dan Brown and his making of The Davinci Code. Where Truths, half-truths and disinformation are intertwined and carefully woven into the fabric of an incredible fictional piece. Just enough to make you scratch your head and wonder.

And Wonder.

And Wonder some more.

I love stories that make me think.

Mr. DeMille has decided to preface his novel with an author's note indicating the intertwinedness of fact and fiction of what has happened behind the scenes of post 9/11.
Below I have posted his Author's note. Please click on picture to make it larger.




This is starting out to be an excellent read, and a good book to kick off my summer reading.


Playing hooky and delving into a good read while lounging under the brilliant son is exactly what I needed! ;)


~ZZ

4 Reflections:

FosterDad 7:05 AM, May 09, 2007  

hmmmpphhhh....what ...and no canolli's? Gla to hear you had agreat day!

GreeneyeZZ 7:35 AM, May 09, 2007  

No Cannolis, I liked the ones you had, so I'm holdin' out!!!
;)

BUT, I did stop at Heids for a coney after!

In the words of Rachel Ray...

YUMMO!!

I think part of the decadence of playing hooky is what was so enticing to me!

;)

JQP 11:10 AM, May 09, 2007  

Hmmm.... thought that was you I saw down there.... gorgeous day to be out. I had the bike going and didn't stop until my butt finally cried "enough!" ;-)

Billiam 3:08 PM, May 09, 2007  

I try to play hooky at least 5 or 6 times per week ;) Glad you had a great day off!

My Hikes in the Adirondacks

Search Greeneyezz Reflections

Loading

ZZ's Twit Videos

Summit of Mount Jo 9/24/10 A few friends were worried about me. They were worried about me hiking Mount Jo by myself, so I took this video to show how many people were around that day if I needed assistance. I even chatted with several and had a few people share a glass of wine with me at the summit. :) Mount Jo. 9/24/10 After the crowd left This is what the summit looked like... with no people on it. In the previous video I took, I showed all the people who had made this same hike to her summit.
© 2006 - 2010 Greeneyezz Reflections
© 2006 - 2010 Greeneyezz Reflections

   Ourblogtemplates.com (Modifications by Greeneyezz) Blah Blah Don't Steal My Stuff Blah Blah Bl...

Back to TOP