Blog Widget by LinkWithin
"The soul that can speak through the eyes, can also kiss with a gaze."
~Gustav Adolfo Becquer

Farmer's Market

>> Saturday, May 26, 2007

What a Beautiful Day! It started when I poured my first cup of coffee around 6:30 AM and enjoyed the quietness and calmness of this morning out on my front porch. I could feel it in the air, it was going to be a nice day! Yesterday the sky had opened up and had down poured with a vengeance that I wasn't sure would stop. I could almost hear Bill Cosby's voice echo "Noah, How long can you tread water?"
So I didn't know if Saturday was going to be a washout or not.

Sitting on my lounger taking in the sounds of birds, it occurred to me that I hadn't bought my usual bagged Petunia flowers that typically hang on either end of my porch. Worse yet is that I also hadn't bought any Basil and other herb plants or any veggies to be planted.
What??? No Basil???? I tend to be a little freakish about Basil. Gotta have my Pesto. Gotta have my Fresh Mozzarella, Tomato and Basil Salad, I just gotta have my Basil!
So I called my sister and dragged her with me. Of course, not until I had to entice her with a cup of Dunkin Donuts Coffee and refused to accept her reason of "I'm going to relax on my own porch with the paper." Uh uhhh, It's a gorgeous day out, I've been up since 6:30, I've had 2 cups of coffee already so I'm wired for sound....I'm coming to get you in 15!

Hadn't been to the Farmer's Market yet this season. According to this one Syracuse Site, it appears that "Syracuse has the great distinction of being home to the oldest and largest farmer's market in New York State - the 54-acre Central New York Regional Market. On a sunny summer Saturday, you can find over 10,000 visitors browsing through rows of fruits, vegetables and flowers. "
10,000 visitors??? I have no idea how accurate this is, but I can tell you that the amount of people browsing and dickering with the local vendors is in direct proportion to the amount of times someone rams their baby carriage into the backs of my feet as I try to make my way down the narrow aisles! Grrrrrrrrrrr Yes, that is a a sore subject for me. Leave those Cadillac Carriages HOME!! The crowded aisles of the Farmer's Market is NO place to have them.

I ended up coming home with 2 Hanging Petunias, LOTS of Basil plants, and other herbs including Sage, Oregano, Parsley, and Celantro. I even bought some fresh Cat Nip for Bachus, my Main Coon. I also bought a tomato plant and will go back another time for Peppers.

Ended up at Biscotti's for lunch and then realized I had forgotten that I was to be at a friend's BBQ. I made one of my favorite appetizers for this get together.....The Dinosaur BBQ's very own Drunkin, Spicy, Shameless Shrimp! It was a hit, as I had suspected it would be.
D. - I had a wonderful time...Thank you!!! ;)

A wonderful end to a beautiful day!!

Now I just have to get busy and replant everything!

2 Reflections:

The Thrifty Blogger 7:45 PM, June 01, 2007  

Wow, I went there one Mother's Day weekend Saturday, and it was SO packed with people, traffic jam going in there. What a great place, though. I miss using the stroller, it worked well for hauling everything lol. :)

Brunetta 11:16 PM, June 01, 2007  

Can I just tell you, she was WIRED!
She left out a few details though. The previous week I, the considerate sister that I am, called her Friday and told her I was going to the market the following morning. She said she would like to come along but could I make it earlier? "No problem" I replied. "Would you drive?" she asked. "No problem" I replied. Then I heard her say "Could you first stop at Dunkin Donuts and pick me up a large French Vanilla coffee with sugar and cream?"
"Ok-a-a-a-a-a-yyyy" I respond. (sheesh)
Sounds like a plan but
n-o-o-o-o-o. Doesn't she call me back later to say she has changed her mind and would like to sleep in!!! (WTF??)
Imagine my surprise the following Saturday when she calls me and with a caffeine accelerated voice tells me I have 15 minutes to get dressed and be ready to go to the market with her.
Sisters!!

My Hikes in the Adirondacks

Search Greeneyezz Reflections

Loading

ZZ's Twit Videos

Summit of Mount Jo 9/24/10 A few friends were worried about me. They were worried about me hiking Mount Jo by myself, so I took this video to show how many people were around that day if I needed assistance. I even chatted with several and had a few people share a glass of wine with me at the summit. :) Mount Jo. 9/24/10 After the crowd left This is what the summit looked like... with no people on it. In the previous video I took, I showed all the people who had made this same hike to her summit.
© 2006 - 2010 Greeneyezz Reflections
© 2006 - 2010 Greeneyezz Reflections

   Ourblogtemplates.com (Modifications by Greeneyezz) Blah Blah Don't Steal My Stuff Blah Blah Bl...

Back to TOP