Blog Widget by LinkWithin
"The soul that can speak through the eyes, can also kiss with a gaze."
~Gustav Adolfo Becquer

Father's Day

>> Sunday, June 17, 2007





My Very First Dancing Partner.





Old Spice Cologne
Half & Half Tobacco for his pipe
Brush Cut hair style
Special K Cereal
1st one up in the mornings
Camping
Harmonica
Driving range and Golf.
His Green eyezz (7 children, I'm the only one.) ;)
Bow & Arrow
Deer Hunting
Logic Games
Watching Hee-Haw with him
The scars from his stitches running the entire length of his chest
Sitting on his lap after he came home from work
Protector
Patience
Weekend jaunts to his brother's house in N. Syracuse. (I used to think it took forever to get there.) I laugh now, when I think how close they really were from us.
Laid back and easy going
Removing a fishhook from my thigh
Him making popcorn, over the stove
wiggling his ears
Teaching me that game of speed, of 'hands hovering over his palms'
showing me how to whistle
The 'John ZZ' Cup. (A golf league, named in his honor) and the Huge Trophy that went along with it.



4/28/21 - 4/25/78





"My Father died many years ago, and yet when something special happens to me, I talk to him secretly not really knowing whether he hears, but it makes me feel better to half believe it."
~Josefowitz

Below is a rememberance that my Oldest sister had done. Not Brunetta, the one older than her. It was submitted recently for a contest. though she did not win, she does indicate receiving a few 10 out of 10 reader ratings. It's a wonderful description of what happened to my dad.



You will need to click on the picture to make it larger, for you to see.





Happy Father's Day Dad.



I miss you.



~Your Green eyed youngest daughter



3 Reflections:

^M!R@G3^ ChoPPeR 6:44 PM, June 18, 2007  

This is all so especially touching. You've listed so many interesting qualities and memories here; an outline of characteristics that I'm certain you'll notice appearing more in yourself as you age so gracefully.

Anonymous 7:30 PM, June 18, 2007  

Wow Z that was deep. I wish I had someone like your Dad to raise me, mine turned his back when I was 2 and just recently did the same thing to my son and to me again. You were sooo very lucky and I am sure he is watching over you everyday. 05

The Thrifty Blogger 11:30 PM, June 18, 2007  

Wow! You are so gorgeous I just want to pick you up and kiss your cute little face. LOL I guess you must've grown up some though since this picture, eh? :) Bet you're just as beautiful now though too. What a great picture! Thanks for sharing.

My Hikes in the Adirondacks

Search Greeneyezz Reflections

Loading

ZZ's Twit Videos

Summit of Mount Jo 9/24/10 A few friends were worried about me. They were worried about me hiking Mount Jo by myself, so I took this video to show how many people were around that day if I needed assistance. I even chatted with several and had a few people share a glass of wine with me at the summit. :) Mount Jo. 9/24/10 After the crowd left This is what the summit looked like... with no people on it. In the previous video I took, I showed all the people who had made this same hike to her summit.
© 2006 - 2010 Greeneyezz Reflections
© 2006 - 2010 Greeneyezz Reflections

   Ourblogtemplates.com (Modifications by Greeneyezz) Blah Blah Don't Steal My Stuff Blah Blah Bl...

Back to TOP