Blog Widget by LinkWithin
"The soul that can speak through the eyes, can also kiss with a gaze."
~Gustav Adolfo Becquer

When it rains, it Pours.....

>> Sunday, June 03, 2007



Literally!


I decided to purchase an Empire Passport this year. This will allow me access to most of New York's' Parks, for a yearly fee of $59. My guess is that I will most likely be using this mostly for Green Lakes State Park, rather than spend $7 a pop, each time I want to walk/jog around the lake. From the looks of this picture, it looks like it was taken from Deadman's Point, or, as I've always have known it as "The Point". It has always been a favorite 'hangin' spot' for many young people, but no one is 'allowed' to swim there due to the possibility of the undertow of the reefs that you see in this picture. The park patrol are often in this area, for that reason.
Though I will not swim there, and haven't since I was a teen, the park is beautiful, and it is wonderful to walk around the lakes, Green Lakes as well as Round Lake.

Anyway, I digress a bit. I'm out at Green Lakes and have walked/jogged around it once and have made it half way around the second time with the sky opened up and and poured so severely, I barely could see more than 30 feet in front of me. It wasn't the rain that bothered me, as it was quite refreshing, considering how warm it was and I was all sweaty and hot.
I was bothered by how much Lightening there was, with me outside on a narrow path on the edge of the water. I absolutely LOVE Thunder & Lightening Storms! Always have and always will, Just not when I am in a spot to be struck!!
About 3-4 minutes before the sky opened up, one of the park patrols had come strolling by on his bicycle (probably checking out the point), when he had said something (Which I interpreted was a hello), as he sped by me. I didn't actually hear him, as I had my Ipod on and it was cranked to The Alman Brother's. Looking back, I think he was probably warning me.
By the time I reached the sandy beach area, it had finally settled down to a sprinkle, but there were still lots of people taking refuge at the bath house.
I might have looked like a drenched rat, but at the same time, I felt refreshed too.

I get back home and take 'another' shower, this time with soap and No lightening, and get ready to meet a few friends out. So, I grab my keys, leave the house and head towards my car, when I realize I have grabbed my Office Keys, NOT my house/car keys! Grrrr!!
JQP????? You listening here???? ;) My neighbor had to take a ladder and "climb up my trellis onto my porch" and take apart one of the screen doors there, to be able to get in!
That fiasco left me about 1/2 hour late.

All in all though, it was a nice day.

~ZZ

5 Reflections:

JQP 1:04 PM, June 04, 2007  

Darlin', I am ALWAYS listening to you - even when I don't seem to be. ;-)

Sounds like quite the adventure.

And I love Green Lake too.

Anonymous 1:38 PM, June 04, 2007  

Z lol I am noticing a PATTERN HERE. I remember once NOT long ago you locked yourself out at work NOW home. You should get one of those chains you put around you waist like the bikers do!! RB :-)

^M!R@G3^ ChoPPeR 10:27 PM, June 04, 2007  

It definitely sounds (and looks) like GLSP is an optimum place for any type of recreation, and I think its amazing how so many might just opt to spend the $7 per visit; you have a game plan that's more economically efficient these days. There aren't really many places around here that have such beautiful scenery unless you visit Grant Park downtown, and thankfully you aren't charged to visit. Unfortunately though, you have your bums and homeless that tend to ruin the experience.

It was interesting to read this post and find that we have in common our love for thunderstorms and the lightning.

Just recently I had some company and we were half-dressed and got locked out of my house. I was in the middle of breaking in when we met the brand new neighbor. How embarrasing! He was cool enough to bring back a few 40 Oz's to gulp down; a good thing!

Well, have fun strolling in your fav park while listening to some Satriani of course.

Chopper

Leticia 10:14 PM, June 05, 2007  

I remind me of of one of the chapters of Desperate Housewifes... the one where Suzzane locks herself out nude! so funny... well, she can be silly, but that was funny.

Don't you go on doing the same!

Anonymous 9:05 PM, June 10, 2007  

I love being caught out in the rain, but that was a helluva storm! I'm glad all ended well.

Jogging?! Yuck.

~newt

My Hikes in the Adirondacks

Search Greeneyezz Reflections

Loading

ZZ's Twit Videos

Summit of Mount Jo 9/24/10 A few friends were worried about me. They were worried about me hiking Mount Jo by myself, so I took this video to show how many people were around that day if I needed assistance. I even chatted with several and had a few people share a glass of wine with me at the summit. :) Mount Jo. 9/24/10 After the crowd left This is what the summit looked like... with no people on it. In the previous video I took, I showed all the people who had made this same hike to her summit.
© 2006 - 2010 Greeneyezz Reflections
© 2006 - 2010 Greeneyezz Reflections

   Ourblogtemplates.com (Modifications by Greeneyezz) Blah Blah Don't Steal My Stuff Blah Blah Bl...

Back to TOP