Blog Widget by LinkWithin
"The soul that can speak through the eyes, can also kiss with a gaze."
~Gustav Adolfo Becquer

Of Great Live Music, Walks in Forests, and 'Flying Barns'!!

>> Monday, June 11, 2007

AKA: A very busy weekend, which, for me, started on Thursday! ;)


I'm coming to the conclusion, (as if I didn't already know) that I just can't party like I used to. Brunetta, wipe the grin from your face, I'm Still your baby sister!

My weekend started a bit earlier than usual, with meeting a few people at the Inner Harbor Block Party to watch Kane and then Atlas play. I LOVE to hear Atlas. Gotta love that Brass, and the music is very, very danceable too. Damn! I remember seeing them when they played at Soo-Lin's on Erie Blvd. when I was still in my teens! Ouch! They're is still one original band member.

Ya couldn't ask for a more perfect evening! It was still a balmy 73 degrees at night, and you couldn't beat the company! ;)

My Director, whom I know I have mentioned before, as I think she's the best, was there also. We were chuckling earlier in the daytime when we both realized we were both going to hear Atlas.

A few Blue Lights later and I was cuttin' up a rug pretty good.

A great place to hear live music right by the water!


OK, So it was Thursday. Friday, I really didn't have to Work, per say, but did have to attend an all day training, as did the rest of the clinic. This training in Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy (CBT) was an initiative through The Onondaga County Mental Health Department. I thought this was a great Idea, as they had been able to round together all five of the Out Patient Mental Health Clinics that serve Syracuse and Onondaga County and allow for a formalized week long training for CBT by a small team of psychologists from Columbia University, down in NYC. Not only does this allow us to sharpen and hone our skills, it also gave us an opportunity to network with several other therapist, psychologists, as well as a sprinkling of psychiatrists from the neighboring clinics. I have spoken to several over the phone, as collaterals for mutual clients, so it was nice to place a face to the name.

This meeting on Friday, was actually a booster training and final meeting with the trainer from Columbia. And while I certainly did not allow myself to get drunk the night before, I certainly was parched enough for a dessert! I ended up bringing a whole pitcher of water to my table and every 20 minutes or so, one could hear the tinkling of ice cubes as they tumbled into my glass. A couple clinicians I work with, knew I was seeing Atlas the night before and grinned at me from across the room! ;) I was actually supposed to meet these same people downtown for Happy Hour later that day, but decided against it.


Saturday saw me at Beaver Lake Nature Center, walking around their lake with a friend. I had tried to talk her into taking out one of the canoe's, but she chickened out, citing her arms are not ready for the challenge yet! Ended up picking up Brunetta and the three of us headed out to the Greek Fest for a Gyro and Spanokopita.


Sunday I had a 'Non-Date' Date. ;)


Went hiking out at Highland Forest, aimed for the 4.2 mile trail with medium steepness.
Ended up getting lost and eventually finding our way out again! So, what should have taken us abut 2 hours to complete, ended up at about 3 1/2 hours. That was ok though. Upon stopping at the Trail Lodge, the attendant had asked about the Jamesville Balloon Fest, and it should be about time they launched for the evening. It was about 6:10 PM. My 'non-date' ;) knew of a different way home that would take us smack dab in the middle of it all.

WOW! It had been years since I had attended this and he had never before gone to this, so it was a treat for both of us. The pics below show the last one, that they filled but did not fly. It was meant for the little kiddies to see close up in the basket, what it would be like.

These pics were taken with my cell phone.

DAMN! I wish I had thought of my cell phone long before I had...I would have had some beautiful shots, right up close and even as they flew past his car. There was a bout 7 - 8 all in one area.













These pictures below, also from the Balloon Fest, were actually sent in to Syracuse.com by people who had also been there:


I love the colors in this one.
Looks like this one was taken while in a basket.
It takes a while to inflate one. Many people needed to help.
This is a neat pic.
We were both dirty, sweaty and a bit tired from all that exercise, but stopping for something to eat and watching the balloons take off and float past us was a perfect end to the great weekend!
~ZZ

6 Reflections:

JQP 11:35 AM, June 12, 2007  

"Non-date date".... cute... I'm assuming that means something, because you winked each time you said that.

GreeneyeZZ 10:46 AM, June 13, 2007  

I just thought it was an interesting way of saying that.

;)

Billiam 9:53 AM, June 14, 2007  

I like the barn balloon the best :)

^M!R@G3^ ChoPPeR 7:05 PM, June 16, 2007  

Well it definitely sounds like you've had an intersting series of events lately. Everyone needs some variety and I'm glad you've found that lately.

The balloon fest looks like a load of fun, and I'm in agreeance with Billiam; the barn baloon is fantastic.

One day I'm gonna have to sample all the terrain that you speak of... Highland Forest sounds like a good start, although I'm partial to rough trails and scaling dunes most of the time.

So, I'm familiar with Gyros (yummy!), but, what in the world is spanokopita? Is it spankalicious or what?

-Chopper

Brunetta 12:43 AM, June 17, 2007  

"Baby" sister, huh??
As I recall, I am the one that was still going strong at 5:00 am while celebrating at our neice's bachelorette party.

Signs That You Have Grown Up

Your houseplants are alive, and you can't smoke any of them.

6:00 AM is when you get up, not when you go to bed.

You're the one calling the police because those %&@# kids next door won't turn down the stereo.

You actually eat breakfast food at breakfast time.

"I just can't drink the way I used to" replaces "I'm never going to drink that much again."

You go from 130 days of vacation time to 14.

Older relatives feel comfortable telling sex jokes around you.

You know you've crossed the mid-life threshold when you're in the grocery store and you hear a Muzak version of "Stairway to Heaven".

You feel like the morning after when you haven't been anywhere the night before.

You read this entire list looking desperately for one sign that doesn't apply to you and can't find one to save your sorry old ass.

GreeneyeZZ 9:02 AM, June 17, 2007  

OMG!

OMG!

That first one....Your houseplants are alive, and you can't smoke any of them.
Cracked me up!!! Too Funny!

And the day I hear Stairway To Heaven on Muzak....AHHHH! ;)

Good one Brunetta!

My Hikes in the Adirondacks

Search Greeneyezz Reflections

Loading

ZZ's Twit Videos

Summit of Mount Jo 9/24/10 A few friends were worried about me. They were worried about me hiking Mount Jo by myself, so I took this video to show how many people were around that day if I needed assistance. I even chatted with several and had a few people share a glass of wine with me at the summit. :) Mount Jo. 9/24/10 After the crowd left This is what the summit looked like... with no people on it. In the previous video I took, I showed all the people who had made this same hike to her summit.
© 2006 - 2010 Greeneyezz Reflections
© 2006 - 2010 Greeneyezz Reflections

   Ourblogtemplates.com (Modifications by Greeneyezz) Blah Blah Don't Steal My Stuff Blah Blah Bl...

Back to TOP