Blog Widget by LinkWithin
"The soul that can speak through the eyes, can also kiss with a gaze."
~Gustav Adolfo Becquer

"I've Learned..."

>> Friday, August 17, 2007

I had recently posted this poem from Maya Angelou in a forum that I frequent. I found it inspirational and it made me think.
When returning to the forum several hours later, I was tickled to find that so many people had responded to it, as well as post their own little tidbits of what they have learned. It ran the gamut of inspirational to comical and amusing.
I thought I'd include it here, as it's a keeper for me.

"I've learned that
no matter what happens,
or how bad it seems today,
life does go on,
and it will be better tomorrow.

I've learned that
you can tell a lot about a person
by the way he/she handles these three things:
a rainy day, lost luggage,
and tangled Christmas tree lights.

I've learned that
regardless of your relationship with your parents,
you'll miss them
when they're gone from your life.

I've learned that
making a living
is not the same thing
as making a life.

I've learned that life
sometimes gives you a second chance.

I've learned that
you shouldn't go through life
with a catcher's mitt on both hands;
you need to be able to throw some things back.

I've learned that
whenever I decide something
with an open heart,
I usually make the right decision.

I've learned that
even when I have pains,
I don't have to be one.

I've learned that
every day you should reach out
and touch someone.
People love a warm hug,
or just a friendly pat on the back.

I've learned that
I still have a lot to learn.

I've learned that
people will forget what you said,
people will forget what you did,
but people will never forget
how you made them feel."

~Maya Angelou

3 Reflections:

FosterDad 11:23 AM, August 18, 2007  

I've Learned that Peter Pan Peanut Butter is starting to show up on the store shelves again and I better run out and get some before they are all gone...Bye for now!

Kim 5:09 PM, August 18, 2007  

I've learned that since Peter Pan peanut butter left the shelves, my tastes have changed and now I prefer Jif!

GreeneyeZZ 12:16 PM, August 19, 2007  

haha...

Peter Pan Peanut Butter was the only kind my mom bought growing up. And yes, I tend to remain faithful to that...I even keep a jar of that in my office for days when I forgot a lunch and don't have time to leave. That and whole almonds, which go into the yogurt I usually bring. (Mmmmmm...Cherry Vanilla Yogurt with Almonds!)

Ms.Kid?? ...So what you're saying is...
You're now a Choosey Mother?

*Psssst*...

Traitor! ;)

My Hikes in the Adirondacks

Search Greeneyezz Reflections

Loading

ZZ's Twit Videos

Summit of Mount Jo 9/24/10 A few friends were worried about me. They were worried about me hiking Mount Jo by myself, so I took this video to show how many people were around that day if I needed assistance. I even chatted with several and had a few people share a glass of wine with me at the summit. :) Mount Jo. 9/24/10 After the crowd left This is what the summit looked like... with no people on it. In the previous video I took, I showed all the people who had made this same hike to her summit.
© 2006 - 2010 Greeneyezz Reflections
© 2006 - 2010 Greeneyezz Reflections

   Ourblogtemplates.com (Modifications by Greeneyezz) Blah Blah Don't Steal My Stuff Blah Blah Bl...

Back to TOP