Blog Widget by LinkWithin
"The soul that can speak through the eyes, can also kiss with a gaze."
~Gustav Adolfo Becquer

Of Dunkin Donuts Whole Bean Coffee & Signature Scents

>> Sunday, September 23, 2007

&




It's a sad, very sad day in ZZ's World.

I had started this post back in the Springtime, but just kept it in 'draft' form, as I had intended to finish and post it a long time ago. This morning I was prompted to dig up this post and finish it, adding some new info along the way.

Why this morning??? I drink coffee. I typically drink 1 - 2 cups during weekday mornings, and only on occasion, will I make coffee on the weekends. Though I don't consider myself a connoisseur of The Nectar of the Morning Gods by any means, I do like Dunkin Donuts' coffee and have purchased only theirs for many years. And not just any Dunkin Donuts coffee, I always but the Whole Bean Variety, and then grind it fresh at home, whenever I'd like to indulge on the weekends. It's the only way I have purchased coffee in years. It tastes so much fresher that way.
So imagine the rude awakening I got when going to replenish my 'supply' and was told that Dunkin Donuts would no long be selling the Whole bean variety to their customers?

Say What??

Excuse me, I didn't hear you correctly, it sounded like you were saying you have discontinued the whole bean coffee???

What??!! I'm sure the people 3 cars behind me could hear me exclaim that in a panicked voice. Not to mention, I'm certain once I got up to the drive up window, they had just finished peeling the Bearer of bad news, off the ceiling.

Turns out that they had one lb. of the regular whole bean coffee left but no more whole bean French Vanilla....I'd have to suck it up and deal with it.

Grrrrrr.

Grrrrrrrrr again!

Ok, suck it up I have. I've also immediately returned home had emailed Dunkin Donuts, asking if that in fact was true and if so, then they unfortunately have lost my business; as good as their coffee may be, I will go somewhere else for the whole bean variety.

I am hoping to hear back from them soon.

In addition to finding out the discontinuation of my favorite coffee bean, I was horrified to discover that Givenchy Organza Indecence, MY signature scent that I have been wearing since first coming out in 1999.....has also been discontinued!!

Ouch that hurts!

According to The Spirit of Perfumes, Indecence, MY signature scent has been described as follows:

Givenchy Organza Indecence

Givenchy Organza Indecence Perfume For Women

Date of creation: 1999 Oriental - Woody

Story: After Organza, Givenchy creates a more sensuous version of the fragrance: Organza Indecence, which in its way expresses women's desire with tender violence bordering on a very suggestive eroticism.

Perfume description: Organza Indecence features Jacaranda wood as the main theme, a dense and majestic scent.


Patchouli, spellbinding and sensuous, illustrates the eroticism. Intense and dazzling cinnamon, followed by a syrupy note of plum, warms up the composition, making it even more desirable.

In the end note, musk and amber kiss the composition and shroud the skin for a very sensuous effect.

Top note : Jacaranda wood, Patchouli

Middle note : Cinnamon, Plum

Base note : Musk, Amber


Bottle: The tunic shrouding the flacon, designed by Serge Mansau, reveals a woman's curves. Crowned with its emblematic Tiare stopper, Organza Indecence looks hieratic and ambiguous. The black packaging is like an exalted temptation. Punctuated with turquoise and gold, two of Givenchy's favorite colors, the packaging is the first object of fascination, Givenchy's luxurious signature. Range EDP 1.7 and 3.4 Fl. Oz



------------------------------
Holy!!! I just like the smell of it on me as it mixes with my own chemistry.

That's it.

That Simple.

I like the way it smells on me and am upset that they discontinued it.

So, when I had originally found this out, back in the Springtime, I had also sent out an email to Givenchy, in France, asking if there were any stores still carrying it and if they were going to bring it back or not.

Below is the letter I received from them:

Dear Ms. ZZ,

We follow up your email dated March 26 where in you informed us about your disappointment of not finding anymore Organza Indecence.

Unfortunately, Organza Indecence is now discontinued. The main objective of Parfums Givenchy of course to satisfy its faithful customers but also to propose them new scents and perfumes in order to offer you the most complete range. That is why we had to make choices and Indecence has been removed from our catalogue.

Be sure that we regret this uncomfortable situation and would like to apologise for this inconvenience. Nevertheless, in front of a very strong demand from our faithful customers,we decide to produce again Indecence in 2007. I do not know for the moment in which countries it will be available as the decision has not been taken yet, but we hope that you could find it in the USA at the end of this year.

Unfortunately, there is no more Indecence left in our stock, so I cannot send you a bottle to help you to wait for its return. But, I invite you to go to your usual store to discover all our new perfumes and hope that you will find a fragrance that will help you to wait for Indecence. Maybe you can try our last perfume for women , Ange ou Demon (launched in exclusivity in Nordstrom). Maybe its warm scent would suit you !
I stay at your disposal if you need further information. Feel free to contact me at this following email address :
consumerservice@parfumsgivenchy.fr
We thank you once again for your confidence and for sticking to our emotions and to our world.

Assuring always of our best attention

Yours sincerely,
Aurelie Consumer
Service Quality Assistant

------------------------
Ok, I'm still struggling to accept that I will need to look for another perfume that I love enough to become my signature scent.

Though this has been very depressing for me, I have had one rather high note to this which has left me with such a smile on my face.

My displeasure over this discontinuance was not over-looked by a certain gentleman that I've recently become involved with. (*pssssst*....hence the reason why I've got people teasing me to update my blog, update my forums, and wondering where the hell have I been on the other forums I frequent.) I've been preoccupied lately, and it's been quite nice. ;)

Anyway, I don't know how he managed to pull this off, but....he found One more Bottle!!!

I still can't believe it!

I was doing a happy dance in my living room when it arrived!

So even though both have been discontinued, which was very unsettling for me, I am in awe that I was given. quite possibly, one of the last bottles around in this area! And by someone who is quickly becoming very near & dear to my heart.
Along with this token of affection, he has also given me one other item, of which I treasure quite deeply, as it came from, not a store counter, but directly from his heart.
As I hold this gentleman near and dear to my heart, I hold this item just as close.
~Thank you.




~GratefulAndStillSmellingGreatZZ

;)

6 Reflections:

Friday's Child 7:16 PM, September 23, 2007  

Hey! I like the perfume link! I wear Calvin Klein's Eternity. Very seldom do I wear anything else. My closest friend says that it is a part of me. I first became hooked on it my trying the men's version when it first came on the market. Here's what it says about my *signature scent*.


Date of creation 1989 Aromatic - Fresh

Story


On the American market since 1989, this perfume was introduced in France only in 1993. As in the women's version, Eternity for Men is the forerunner of a return to family values that characterized the late eighties in the United States. Calvin Klein pays a tribute to his marriage in evoking the value of fidelity, conveyed through images of the couple and the family. A messenger of universal values, the fragrance has been a leader in men's perfumes for many years in the United States.

Perfume description


Eternity for Men is built on a fougere base, strengthened by lavender and coumarin, and modernized by a heavy use of floral transparent notes. It forms a bouquet which combines with aquatic tones, fruity accents and sandalwood notes. This blend gives the fragrance a modern flavor termed "nouvelle fra�cheur", in other words, a non-citrus freshness which is both mild and clean and remains on the skin.



Top note : Bergamot, Lemon, Petitgrain, Lavender
Middle note : Orange Blossom, Coriander, Juniperberry, Lily of the valley
Base note : Sandalwood, Rosewood, Musk, Amber

Bottle:

The transparent and sober packaging marked the advent of the minimalist trend which so greatly influenced perfume bottle design in the nineties.

Some of my favorite scents are in it...sandalwood, lavender and bergamot. Hmmmmm.

Chopper 9:18 PM, September 23, 2007  

'Expresses women's desire with TENDER VIOLENCE bordering on a very suggestive eroticism.'

What has this gentleman gotten himself into?

Regarding your beans, I'm certain that there may be an overwhelming response from individuals who've consumed this, which may hopefull prompt to continue offering this at a future date. One can hope, right?

GreeneyeZZ 5:03 AM, September 24, 2007  

Gabe - I was pleased to have come across that site. I like the way it explains each scent.
Calvin Klein, eh? I heard a rather funny story about his daughter before. Something about when she'd become involved with a man. The relationship would progress to the point of it becoming sexual. So when they'd start to undress eachother, she felt unsettled when seeing her father's full and complete name imprinted all along the waist band of the underwear the man was wearing. HA! I had to laugh! ;)

Chopper - Tender Violence?...and What has this gentleman gotten himself into?

Well according to the French, I would say that (evil grin) this gentleman would...
die a thousand little deaths!

;)~~

I love this perfume and it is the only one I've worn for years!

~ZZ

FosterDad 12:17 PM, September 24, 2007  

I can not agree more....I just love teh way the aroma of the beans blends with your natural chemistry!

There is nothing like a great big cup of beanzz in the morning!

GreeneyeZZ 5:47 PM, September 24, 2007  

Fosterdad -

Ohhhhh FD, FD, FD!...Oh what am I going to do with you???!!

I'll give you a cup of beanzz! It'll go well with the canoli! ;)

yummmm

FosterDad 11:50 AM, September 25, 2007  

Wow....I just don't get it! can't a girl just say thank you for a compliment anymore? jeez louise already! hehe

My Hikes in the Adirondacks

Search Greeneyezz Reflections

Loading

ZZ's Twit Videos

Summit of Mount Jo 9/24/10 A few friends were worried about me. They were worried about me hiking Mount Jo by myself, so I took this video to show how many people were around that day if I needed assistance. I even chatted with several and had a few people share a glass of wine with me at the summit. :) Mount Jo. 9/24/10 After the crowd left This is what the summit looked like... with no people on it. In the previous video I took, I showed all the people who had made this same hike to her summit.
© 2006 - 2010 Greeneyezz Reflections
© 2006 - 2010 Greeneyezz Reflections

   Ourblogtemplates.com (Modifications by Greeneyezz) Blah Blah Don't Steal My Stuff Blah Blah Bl...

Back to TOP