Blog Widget by LinkWithin
"The soul that can speak through the eyes, can also kiss with a gaze."
~Gustav Adolfo Becquer

Right Brain VS Left Brain

>> Wednesday, October 10, 2007


http://www.news.com.au/perthnow/story/0,21598,22492511-5005375,00.html

The Right Brain vs Left Brain test ... do you see the dancer turning clockwise or anti-clockwise? If clockwise, then you use more of the right side of the brain and vice versa. Most of us would see the dancer turning anti-clockwise though you can try to focus and change the direction; see if you can do it.

FUNCTIONS OF:


LEFT BRAIN.......................RIGHT BRAIN



uses logic..................................................Uses feelings

detail oriented.........................."big picture" oriented

facts rule...........................................Imagination rules

words and language....................Symbols and Images

present and past............................Present and future

math and science...................Philosophy and Religion

can comprehend...................Can 'get it' (i.e. meaning)

knowing...........................................................Believes

acknowledges............................................Appreciates

order/pattern perception................Spatial perception

knows object name.....................Knows object function

reality based..............................................Fantasy based

forms strategies..............................Presents possibilities

practical.............................................................Impetuous

safe.....................................................................Risk taking

(Article from PerthNow)

-------------------------------

If you are having a hard time making her 'dance' in different directions, I found it easier to accomplish this if after looking at picture, glance away but keep the picture in your peripheral view; and then move your eyes back to the picture. I was fascinated with this enough to play around with it for a few minutes. I can look at her dance a half revolution, switch and go the opposite direction for a half revolution, and then revert her back to the original direction.

What's interesting to me, is that I tend to initially view her dancing Clock-wise, which is "Right-Brained" Focus. However, I tend to be quite 'Detail-oriented', which is a "Left-Brained" Focus.

Sooo, When first viewing her dance, which direction do you usually see her??
Are you Right or Left-Brained focus????

~ZZ

13 Reflections:

Kim 9:31 PM, October 10, 2007  

That was freaky. I must be both left and right brained. I was looking at it and it was dancing one way, then, while I was still looking at it, it changed. I didn't try to make it change, and I hadn't read the post yet, so I had no expectations. I thought it was supposed to change until I read the post.

Billiam 11:22 AM, October 11, 2007  

Me too. It started out clockwise and then switched quickly to counter clockwise before I finished reading the 1st paragraph. I can make it change at will by focusing on the legs. I think my left hemisphere is dominant because I'm not the type of person to have "feelings".

GreeneyeZZ 12:00 PM, October 11, 2007  

Kim - You (along with everyone else) do use both sides of your brain. Do you remember which direction you *first* saw it? Or which direction she 'naturally dances' for you? My guess is that which ever direction feels most natural to you would be the one most dominant for you.

~ZZ

GreeneyeZZ 12:08 PM, October 11, 2007  

Bill, Bill, Bill....Bill!
*Shakes head and giggles*

You can't fool me!
Just because you *think* you don't have 'feelings',
doesn't mean that you don't! ;)

You still may be Left Hemisphere-Dominant, but if someone tried to, let's say, hurt your family, doen't tell me that you wouldn't 'feel' anger, perhaps even rage, and Poppa Bear wouldn't come out??!! I think not! ;)

(It's OK though, shhhhhh...I'll keep it a secret!) ;)

Glad to see you around!

~ZZ

Boo 12:40 PM, October 11, 2007  

I initially saw it clockwise. I tried and tried and tried to get it to turn the other way for quite some time until it finally "took".

Kim 1:13 PM, October 11, 2007  

I saw it clockwise at first, but most of the description of the left brained fit me better than right brained, although I do have characteristics of both. I am not risk taking, I am practical, I do present possibilities, I am based in reality, I know objects names AND functions, I'm better with patterns, my spatial perception sucks rocks, I acknowledge AND appreciate, I know...I don't typically believe without facts, I comprehend AND get it, I'm not much for math, science is good. Philosophy is good. Religion? I'm not religious. Past and present? Ummm. I like the present tense, but I think about the past as well and I also think about where we're going, words and language are my friends...I'd rather have someone give my directions by saying 'turn left on Main St and travel 5.3 miles than have someone make me a map with symbols, facts and imagination are both good depending on the circumstance, I'm detail AND big picture oriented....gotta see the big picture to know what kind of details are needed, and I used logic and feelings somewhat equally, I suppose.

Btw, we all saw it clockwise at first? And most people view it counter-clockwise? Yet we all viewed it clockwise? Interesting.

Now the stupid dancing girl is doing two twirls to the left then 2 to the right, then 2 to the left, then 2 to the right...this thing is annoying! I think it switches and has nothing to do with the person looking at it! :-o

Kim 1:48 PM, October 11, 2007  

So, I come back here and the first thing I notice is that stupid dancing girl is immediately going COUNTER CLOCKWISE! Grrr.

You put that up just to bug me, didn't you? ;-)

GreeneyeZZ 1:55 PM, October 11, 2007  

Hehehe

If I have made you *Think* then I have succeeded!

Stuff like this has always intriqued me. It's amazing what our brains are capable of, and we typically really only use about 10% of it!

~ZZ

Anonymous 5:40 PM, October 11, 2007  

Hmmmm, I see it clockwise, but when I look away, my peripheral(sp?) vision sees it counter clockwise... with out fail. Could that mean my focus is right, and what's out of focus is left???

Weird indeed....

~Ex

GreeneyeZZ 6:02 PM, October 11, 2007  

Hey ExCuser!

I actually noticed the same thing. Using my Peripheral vision, automatically makes her appear to switch direction after a 1/2 revolution. And if I keep using *only* my perpheral vision, she changes and changes again and again.

I found it interesting.
I also found that Political Campaign Match up site great too! Thanks for posting it. I actually emailed it to a bunch of people.

Hey??? *smiles very wickedly*
How's your thumb doin' these days???

~KegelsWithNoThumbsZZ

:P~~

FosterDad 9:57 AM, October 12, 2007  

I hate to say it and even admit it but.....I think mine swings both ways!

Kim 11:21 AM, October 12, 2007  

Well, FD, we always knew everyone likes your canoli.

;-)

Brunetta 2:41 AM, November 02, 2007  

Go figure..... You and I would both start out seeing her dance clock-wise, then counterclock-wise.
I definitely have more traits for the "Left-Brained" Focus- uses logic, detail oriented, facts rule, practical. I think you have more "Right-Brained" traits, in my humble and sisterly opinion.

My Hikes in the Adirondacks

Search Greeneyezz Reflections

Loading

ZZ's Twit Videos

Summit of Mount Jo 9/24/10 A few friends were worried about me. They were worried about me hiking Mount Jo by myself, so I took this video to show how many people were around that day if I needed assistance. I even chatted with several and had a few people share a glass of wine with me at the summit. :) Mount Jo. 9/24/10 After the crowd left This is what the summit looked like... with no people on it. In the previous video I took, I showed all the people who had made this same hike to her summit.
© 2006 - 2010 Greeneyezz Reflections
© 2006 - 2010 Greeneyezz Reflections

   Ourblogtemplates.com (Modifications by Greeneyezz) Blah Blah Don't Steal My Stuff Blah Blah Bl...

Back to TOP