Blog Widget by LinkWithin
"The soul that can speak through the eyes, can also kiss with a gaze."
~Gustav Adolfo Becquer

Black & White

>> Friday, November 23, 2007


“Our lives at times seem a study in contrast... love & hate, birth & death, right & wrong... everything seen in absolutes of black & white. Too often we are not aware that it is the shades of grey that add depth & meaning to the starkness of those extremes.”
~Ansel Adams

Shades of Grey.

That's a lesson I've learned over the years.
Particularly when applying that to relationships,

it's imperative to understand that.
That regardless of the state of a relationship,
it is neither ALL Good, nor ALL Bad.

I prefer to have Depth and Meaning to my relationships.
The Shades of Grey that Ansel mentions.

Having Substance. Being Real. Being Genuine.

Being Brave enough to allow yourself to be vulnerable.
Vulnerable and Genuine enough to say, "I feel hurt, BUT I'm not going to tear the relationship apart and destroy it."

I'm strangely reminded of a child who doesn't like the drawing he's started, because of what he perceives as a blemish on his work of art. He rips the paper in tiny little pieces, completely destroying what he was starting to create.

Nothing Noteworthy.

I'm not a Dream.

Nor am I a Nightmare.
I'm a person, as real as can be.

Genuine, with Imperfections.
Real, with no Disguise.
Trustworthy, with a Curious Nature.
And Reachable.

What's more...
There's depth and meaning to me.

Shades of Grey.

Odio e amore

9 Reflections:

Anonymous 10:32 AM, November 24, 2007  

Brilliant! (and "brilliant" is a spectrum of beautiful colors!)

T

GreeneyeZZ 10:51 AM, November 24, 2007  

Thanks T

I'm nodding my head as I think about your comment of "spectrum of beautiful colors". I won't go into detail, but suffice it to say that 'colors' had been referred to, when talking about me with him, very much in a similar fashion you have used it here.

Rolando 12:48 PM, November 25, 2007  

Hi ZZ, I like your comment, 'I prefer to have Depth and Meaning to my relationships'. I wouldn't want it any other way.

I like it however, when my wife is black and white and just tells it like it is, lol. Gotta love her for that.

GreeneyeZZ 7:01 PM, November 25, 2007  

Ro, Being "black & white" and "Telling it like it is" is very often a good thing. I tend not to sugar-coat(which has gotten me into trouble before). ;)

I'm talking about extremes. When it is too threatening for someone to see the Grey area; or how much each one impacts and affects the other.

And yes...having depth and meaning.
It's what adds color and dimension to one's life. ;)

~ThoughtfullZZ

Billiam 4:53 PM, November 26, 2007  

Hope you saved some turkey for me! Mmmmmmmm.....Turkey :)

GreeneyeZZ 9:23 PM, November 26, 2007  

Bill -

I saved you a leg.

Oh yeah, and the wishbone too.

Make a wish! ;)

~ZZ

Billiam 12:53 AM, November 27, 2007  

I wishthat I'll be rockin' til I'm 100 years old. I want Willard Scott and Smuckers to wish me happy 100th birthday on the today show :D

GreeneyeZZ 7:27 AM, November 27, 2007  

Just to 100???

Aww, you can Rock on longer than that!

For you:

Bill's Wishbone

(open in a separate window, it wouldn't take my "target="_blank" tag)

~WishGranterZZ

;)

Billiam 10:14 AM, November 30, 2007  

Thanks for the wishbone. My wish came true :)

My Hikes in the Adirondacks

Search Greeneyezz Reflections

Loading

ZZ's Twit Videos

Summit of Mount Jo 9/24/10 A few friends were worried about me. They were worried about me hiking Mount Jo by myself, so I took this video to show how many people were around that day if I needed assistance. I even chatted with several and had a few people share a glass of wine with me at the summit. :) Mount Jo. 9/24/10 After the crowd left This is what the summit looked like... with no people on it. In the previous video I took, I showed all the people who had made this same hike to her summit.
© 2006 - 2010 Greeneyezz Reflections
© 2006 - 2010 Greeneyezz Reflections

   Ourblogtemplates.com (Modifications by Greeneyezz) Blah Blah Don't Steal My Stuff Blah Blah Bl...

Back to TOP