Blog Widget by LinkWithin
"The soul that can speak through the eyes, can also kiss with a gaze."
~Gustav Adolfo Becquer

Good Friends...Good Times...

>> Saturday, November 17, 2007

.....And Goodbyes.


I hosted a Goodbye Party for a friend of mine, C. She is moving down to Florida to be closer to her adult children and will be sorely missed by me, as well as everyone else. She certainly lights up any gathering and makes any evening quite memorable! ;)

I enjoy entertaining and having get togethers at my home. Typically, I would spend a great deal of time planning and putting together an extensive menu of wonderful appetizers and pairing them with different varieties of wine; as well as have a few cases of Blue Lights on hand.

Though anyone following my blog recently, can tell I have not been in the best of 'states' recently. Therefore, though I did make some nice finger food for those to enjoy, I had also asked a few people to bring a dish as well. I hadn't been my usual chipper self lately.
The spread still turned out very nice indeed anyway!








One of the first things I started to laugh at, while reminiscing a bit about last night, as I type this, was B and T's observance of the music I had in my CD player. Both know what I've been struggling with lately, so it was to my chagrin, when Alanis Morissette came blasting on with her many songs which are typically laced with Angst at the Male Gender. I recall Tina's head shaking, "uh uhhh, get it off...NOW!" I turned and looked at Bill, to see him nodding in agreement, as they formed a United Front to get me out of the Funk I had been in. OKOKOKOK...I Forgot to change the music!!! I'm on it now...leave me alone!
So off I went to put much better music...my favorite...Santana, as I love his music!


J had come over a bit earlier to help out. Can I just say...

I Love a man who doesn't mind doing the dishes!! I HATE that job! And to think, you really don't have Dish Pan Hands at all either!! ;) Thanks Swee'Pea!






Unfortunately, these pics are not very clear. They came from my cell phone, and the operator had been imbibing and most certainly impaired. Had I though of it, I would have taken pics of the many different delicious Appetizers to choose from. As it was, only ONE plate seemed to deserve THAT much attention, and is discussed down below.

The Blonde in the middle is Cheri, the guest of honor. **Please notice the two candle sconces on the wall behind her.** This will figure into something a bit later.
*Shakes head and wonders about my friends.* haha




C and a few others had not arrived yet, but this is a nice picture of the core group of us.





OK Gentlemen!! Quiz Time!!

If you could purchase ONE thing that would be a total hit with ANY FEMALE, serve almost like an Aphrodisiac, having women eating out of your palms, and even have one female exclaim...

"I could STRADDLE *That one*!!!"

What would you purchase to make you such a hit with the ladies???

Guesses anyone?

Anyone??

Guesses???
.


.


.


.


.


.
If you Guessed...

Chocolate... You're Right!!



Bill made a stop at The Purple Hippo for some completely sinfully decadent Chocolate.

Oh My God! This was a totaly erotic experience.... For all involved too!

I'm still giggling with delight as, in my mind's eye, I recall looking over at J., R., J., and B. and seeing the looks on their face as they each identified that B had Struck Gold!

Toooo Funny!

And for those who know the background story between B. and myself, regarding him giving me his cannoli....please observe he made sure there were cannolies too!!
HA!!

Below is a picture of me showing my appreciation to B., for once again, giving me his Cannoli!


Just a pic of a few people gabbing and laughing. (C, J, and R.) I originally was not going to include this, as it doesn't really contain anything unusual. But upon looking at it, I was reminded of another picture I have of J, situated in that same spot of my dining room, some 3 years or so ago.




I had a Christmas Party and had really went all out on it. Anyway, That party was totally off the wall, about 25 people showed, with the last people leaving my house at like 5 AM. Needless to say, there was a lot of good food, good drink and good friends there. Among them, was J and my friend K, who now lives in Washington. Below is a pic of J, in that same part of my dining room, with Kelly, using a wine bottle and my candlestick holder as microphones, as they serenaded the rest of us! J's actually a very good singer, he's got a very deep voice. It's too bad we didn't have a repeat of that last night!


**Update** Oops...I take that statement back about there not being a 'repeat' of that singing. I had just received photos from the others, and below's picture was included! (Damn! I forgot about this Trio! That candlestick holder (aka: Microphone) has been around!




C was given a few gag gifts to send her on her way to Florida. Among them were these Nerf balls that B had bought her. I'll leave the details out, but will say the positioning of those Nerf balls as she holds them up, along with how her hands are placed, figures VERY MUCH into the reason for that purchase to begin with!
(Awww C....We are SOOOOOOOO going to miss you!)


I also have the ability to videotape from my cell phone too, and had taken the opportunity to do just that a few different times over the course of last night's adventure.
My plan was to upload them to You-tube, and then embed them here for all to see, what it's like to be at a ZZ Party.
Upon reviewing the three short videos I had done, I've come to two conclusions:

1.) I'm not the best video taker.

And

2.) I realized that if I had *shown* those videos, No one there would ever... and I mean EVER, be able to run for office.

EVER.
;)

I wanted to be tasteful about what pics to post here and what pics should be placed in
The Vault,
never to see the light of day again!!
But I do want to give some context to some stuff here.
One of them being....when we got together for our 25th reunion, which was in July, one of the things we had done as a joke (and purely as a joke) was to make a stop at Adult World and pick up some fun gifts and jokes for a few people.
What we got was one Blow up Male doll, complete with a detachable vibrating Penis.
Affectionately, we have named him:
B.O.B. (Battery Operated Boyfriend)
OK, what had once began as a one time Reunion Joke, has evolved into an On-going Prank, which will probably be passed from party to party, reunion to reunion. At least, either until we all die from old age, or Bob springs a leak!
I made the tasteful decision to leave any pics of Bob out of here, but his presence was obviously known!!!
As the night progressed, a sick & twisted version of Where in the World is Waldo?? had ensued, with Bob's detachable penis being the 'Guest of Honor'.

Can you find Where he would be
*This* Time??
:)

.
.
.


Yes readers.... I have some very disturbed friends!!!
Very Disturbed indeed!
But I wouldn't trade them for anything in the world as I Love each and every one of them!!
You guys are wonderful, you really are!
At some point in the evening, I happen to step into my bedroom, to find Bob, Spread Eagle on my bed....Ready, Willing, and Able (as always)! He was promptly removed and brought back to the living room and by the Roaring fire. (But not too close, as I didn't want him to melt!) :)
I am laughing my ass off as I type this. Why??? Because T, who had brought the darling Man to my home last night, REFUSED to take him back with her when she left!! So as I peer into my living room and type this, Bob is *Still* there, 'at attention'!
(You guys kill me, you really do!)
Anyway....I will need to deflate him, and pack him away somewhere, until I can then pass on the honors to another unsuspecting person.


A nice pic of Cheri and Tina. And behind them is where I do all my 'blogging', 'forum posting', and IMing with all of you. (Now if I can only get a lap top, I'd do that in the living room infront of a nice Roaring Fire!)

Lastly, but certainly not least, I've had a very Odd Dejavu with a gentleman here.
Actually, I think other people were more freaked out by this than I was, as I had already 'known' of this back in June, and had several months to collect myself.
My friend P, had met a gentleman (R) and been dating him since early summer.
R had also come come to my house last night with P.
When I first set eyes on R, it was at Saratoga's Jazz Fest back in June. P had asked him to come along and meet everyone.
When she first introduced him to me, I could barely utter 'Hello' and then just stood there like I was a Deer with her eyes caught in the headlights.
He looked just like my ex-husband.

I mean...
not a little bit...
not 'reminiscent' of...
not 'in a way'.... but...

JUST LIKE HIM!

Ok, *SMACK* Come back to 2007, it's NOT him, I just must have 'thought' he looked something like him. I tried to dismiss that bizzare feeling when my sister clamped her hand around my upper arm and quietly murmured.. "Oh My God!" As I turned to her, I realized she was thinking the E X A C T same thing!

The next three pictures are of him.
Rick.
NOT my Ex-Husband.




I had told P and R this at Jazz Fest, or rather, I told P first. She then let R know.
So, we chatted about this for a while and I was going to dig up an old photo of my ex and show the two of them at some point. Well, this opportunity did not happen until last night.
First off, the photos of R here, do not do him justice. You would have to see him in person to understand. He is shorter than my ex, I think he said he was 5'10", my ex is 6'1".

But the similarities were sooo completely striking, it was truly uncanny!
Everyone in the room had freaked out when I passed one of my wedding pictures around.
Mind you, this picture of my and my ex, that you see below, was taken several years ago,
(I was 28 at the time of my marriage).

Another couple friends, G and C showed up later in the evening. P had taken the picture below, held her hand over the pic of me and showed G.
G was like, "Oh...That's R with a Tux." When P removed her hand, showing me in my wedding finery, G's mouth dropped open, as her eyes gaped open and her eyes darted back and forth, from that picture, to me, to R, to me again, and back to the picture!
EVERYONE was blown away by this, as R and I could do nothing but laugh and shake our heads. (He did ask me if my ex and I parted on friendly terms or not!) ;)
Below is the wedding picture. To truly see the strong resemblance, you would have to meet R in person, and *then* see this photo.
Uncanny.
Truly uncanny!


"Someone" who shall remain nameless, had cut out a head shot of P (from a different picture) and had taped it over mine. This will then be photoshopped! HA! I can't wait to see that one! If it's done in time, I'll post it here.
And though my ex lives in NC now, if we ever cross paths again, I think he'll get a kick out of this.

Anyways...




The evening was a blast! I had a wonderful Time!

Now if you all will excuse me....



I have to deflate Bob and put him somewhere safe..



Until next time!!! ;)



~ ZZ

17 Reflections:

Anonymous 7:04 AM, November 19, 2007  

Hi zz,
You're one gorgeous gal! Looks like you guys had lots of fun. :)

gwen

Friday's Child 10:47 AM, November 19, 2007  

Good Lord woman you had Alanis playing? Glad they made you turn it off, that's strictly for in private...:)

Sounds like a wonderful night. Love the dessert plate.

The resemblance between your ex (you looked gorgeous btw) and your friends bf is uncanny!

You owe me email...:)

Billiam 12:10 PM, November 19, 2007  

I agree that Alanis should have been turned off. Glad to see people having fun:)The candle holder on the wall was a great place for the detachable penis! May I suggest finding a 2nd detachable penis so you can have a matching set? ;)

FosterDad 2:16 PM, November 19, 2007  

I agree with Billiam....a matching set is definitely required.....The only problem being, I hear that they just buzz off the wall! OMG...did I just say that.

It was a great time....I haven't laughed so hard since the last time we all got together. and teh look on their faces when the ladies got into the dessert tray...all I can say is oh oh ohhhhhh.

Kim 4:36 PM, November 19, 2007  

Did you save any canoli for me? And, like Gabe...you owe me an email, too! Get to it! :-o

GreeneyeZZ 9:26 PM, November 19, 2007  

Gwen - Thanks sweet heart, you're a doll. Do remember though, I have aged since then! ;) It was alot of fun though.

Gabe - Yeah, I know, I know. I slipped with the Alanis Thing! I think it's funny that Tina Just KNEW Exactly why I had that CD on in the first place! ;)
It is REALLY Uncanny about Rick and my Ex! Wow!
And Yes...I do owe you an email!

Billiam - Mmmmmmm, a matching set, eh??? *Ponders that thought and smiles* ;)

Fosterdad - You and Billiam think too much alike! It must be the 'Bill' thing! ;)
And as far as your comment about them 'buzzing off the wall'???...
That's what Suction Cups are for, Silly!! Sheesh!! (Oops...did I just say that out loud too??!!) ;P~~~

Kim - I'm sure Fosterdad will share his cannoli with you too!!
;)
And yes...I do owe you an email too! For obvious reasons, I hadn't been the best at that lately. I hope you (and Gabe) understand.

Kim 9:53 PM, November 20, 2007  

Bring that canoli on down!

You know, you have the exact same smile now as you did then.

Rolando 12:19 AM, November 21, 2007  

How nice of you to throw a party for Cheri. I'm sure you and your friends will miss her. She looks like a nice gal.

Looks like fun too. I can't remember the last time I went to a party, lol.

Chocolates would win a girl over. How about diamonds. Would that help? :)

GreeneyeZZ 3:47 PM, November 21, 2007  

DK???....You Want Bill's Cannoli???

You're gonna have to come up HERE for it! ;)

Are you making a trip back to New York for the holidays??? Awww come on...A beautiful winter wonderland in New York for Christmas has GOT TO beat out North Carolina!

FosterDad 6:20 PM, November 21, 2007  

Ahem...Excuse me ZZ....but I really wouldn't mind a trip to NC to share my canoli....you know what happens when your canoli gets cold....Shrinkage! LOL

Kim 9:25 PM, November 21, 2007  

Yeah, Bill's canoli and....does anyone have any pickles? ;-)

About going up there for the holidays, as my son would say...'no can do!'. Where he picked that phrase up, I don't know. :-o Because of our trip to Disney last spring we'll be unable to come up this year, but we'll be up for 2 weeks in July as well as NEXT Christmas.

Anonymous 2:23 PM, November 23, 2007  

There is nothing better than pulling out the Mr. Hyde part of yourself with good friends! Nothing like singing 70's tunes (out of tune...but who was listening?), dancing in the dining room with Donna's boas (don't all parties go like that), and the oh so slightly naughty behavior with BOB to get one going with gut- splitting laughter...complete with with tears and sore cheeks (and the crossed legs for this mom....ugh!). Cheri brings out that side in us...we will miss her!

FosterDad 3:33 PM, November 24, 2007  

I have one last comment....as I'm wiping the soda that I was drinking off the monitor....I was looking at the photo at the top of this post and happened to choke on a spot I missed....check out between the legs of the desk....oops....missed some. I'm rolling here!

Anonymous 7:07 PM, November 25, 2007  

Giggling as I write this because I was thinking it is like a "Where's Waldo?" - only "Where's BOB?".

T

GreeneyeZZ 8:06 PM, November 25, 2007  

Uhh Bill??? I did see that. I thought you left it there on purpose, kinda like T said it *does* remind us of Where in the World is BOB??!! ;)

However....

I'm less concerned with *that* pic, as I am with the 7th picture down, where you are eating??? (You'll have to click on the picture to make it bigger), but What's *that*, that I see from between your legs??? *Arched eyebrow goes wayyy up* ;)

Kim - Pickles, huh?? LGS doesn't really come by this way anymore, so he wouldn't see that. I don't think Bill is aware of the 'pickle story'...but it is located somewhere in the archives of my blog....complete with that pic of you and that pickle!!! I was going to post the link here, but thought you might not want it shown...again!! ;)
If you are ok with it, let me know, I'll post the link to it in this comment section.

~ZZ

Kim 9:02 PM, November 26, 2007  

Hmmmm....eh....email Bill the link to it instead of posting it.

Bill, you're gonna love this. :-o

Speedcat Hollydale 6:36 PM, July 06, 2010  

Face BOOK !!

My Hikes in the Adirondacks

Search Greeneyezz Reflections

Loading

ZZ's Twit Videos

Summit of Mount Jo 9/24/10 A few friends were worried about me. They were worried about me hiking Mount Jo by myself, so I took this video to show how many people were around that day if I needed assistance. I even chatted with several and had a few people share a glass of wine with me at the summit. :) Mount Jo. 9/24/10 After the crowd left This is what the summit looked like... with no people on it. In the previous video I took, I showed all the people who had made this same hike to her summit.
© 2006 - 2010 Greeneyezz Reflections
© 2006 - 2010 Greeneyezz Reflections

   Ourblogtemplates.com (Modifications by Greeneyezz) Blah Blah Don't Steal My Stuff Blah Blah Bl...

Back to TOP