Blog Widget by LinkWithin
"The soul that can speak through the eyes, can also kiss with a gaze."
~Gustav Adolfo Becquer

"It came without Packages, Boxes or Bags!"

>> Monday, December 24, 2007

"...And the Grinch
with his grinch-feet ice-cold in the snow,
Stood puzzling and puzzling: "How could it be so?
It came without ribbons!
It came without tags!
"It came without packages, boxes or bags!"
And he puzzled three hours, `till his puzzler was sore.
Then the Grinch thought of something he hadn't before!
"Maybe Christmas," he thought, "doesn't come from a store.
"Maybe Christmas...perhaps...means a little bit more!"
Well...in Who-ville they say
That the Grinch's small heart
Grew three sizes that day!
And the minute his heart didn't feel quite so tight,
He whizzed with his load through the bright morning light
And he brought back the toys!
And the food for the feast!
And he...
...HE HIMSELF...!
The Grinch carved the roast beast!"


~Dr. Seuss

This has always been my favorite 'childhood' Christmas Cartoon to watch.
What a wonderful way to let the true meaning of Christmas to come through.
As an adult, I still love this Christmas Classic, as well as another Classic...It's a Wonderful Life.
Two beautiful movies depicting the beautifulness behind giving to others.

I hope the True Spirit of Christmas is felt by each and everyone of you, and the New Year sees you warm, healthy, and loved.

Merry Christmas!

~Greeneyezz

2 Reflections:

delmer 11:01 AM, December 25, 2007  

I haven't seen the Grinch in a couple of years, though I watch It's a Wonderful Life each time I notice it's on.

Greeneyezz 10:57 PM, December 25, 2007  

I think It's a Wonderful Life is a Great movie! I loved Jimmy Stewart in that.

There's been a long standing debate on the quaint village that the Producer/Director, Frank Capra, used as the setting Bedford Falls in It's a Wonderful Life.

There is a lot of people who, for some reason or another, believe that Frank Capra used "Seneca Falls", which is a beautiful and quaint village in the middle of the Wine Country of The Fingerlakes. It's about a 40 minute drive from me.
The similarities *is* quite striking. You'll find more info about it here:
http://www.therealbedfordfalls.com/

(I have the movie and usually watch it every year.)

My Hikes in the Adirondacks

Search Greeneyezz Reflections

Loading

ZZ's Twit Videos

Summit of Mount Jo 9/24/10 A few friends were worried about me. They were worried about me hiking Mount Jo by myself, so I took this video to show how many people were around that day if I needed assistance. I even chatted with several and had a few people share a glass of wine with me at the summit. :) Mount Jo. 9/24/10 After the crowd left This is what the summit looked like... with no people on it. In the previous video I took, I showed all the people who had made this same hike to her summit.
© 2006 - 2010 Greeneyezz Reflections
© 2006 - 2010 Greeneyezz Reflections

   Ourblogtemplates.com (Modifications by Greeneyezz) Blah Blah Don't Steal My Stuff Blah Blah Bl...

Back to TOP