Blog Widget by LinkWithin
"The soul that can speak through the eyes, can also kiss with a gaze."
~Gustav Adolfo Becquer

Reflections of Self

>> Wednesday, January 23, 2008

We are all Mirrors for each other.





When we look at other people, we see many of their qualities
in innumerable and seemingly random combinations.
However, the qualities that we see in the people around us
are directly related to the traits that exist in us.
"Like attracts like"
is one of the spiritual laws of the universe.
We attract individuals into our lives
that mirror who we are.
Those you feel drawn to reflect your inner self back at you,
and you act as a mirror for them.
Simply put, when you look at others, you will likely see what exists in you.
When you see Beauty, Divinity, Sweetness, or Light in the soul of another,
You are seeing the Goodness that resides in your soul.
When you see the traits in others
that evoke feelings of anger, annoyance, or hatred,
you may be seeing reflected back at you
those parts of yourself
that you have disowned or do not like.

Because we are all mirrors for each other,
looking at the people in your life
can tell you a lot about yourself.
Who you are can be laid bare to you
through what you see in others.
It is easy to see the traits you do not like in others.
It is much more difficult to realize that you possess those same traits.
Often the habits, attitudes, and behaviors of others
are closely linked to our unconscious and unresolved issues.

When you come into contact with someone you admire,
search your soul for similarly admirable traits.
Likewise, when you meet someone exhibiting traits
that you dislike, accept that you are looking at your reflection.
Looking at yourself through your perception of others
can be a humbling and eye-opening experience.
You can also cultivate the traits and behaviors
that you do like.
Be loving and respectful to all people,
and you will attract individuals
that will Love and Respect you back.
Nurture compassion and empathy and let
the goodness you see in others
be your mirror.

~Unknown

2 Reflections:

Rolando 10:35 PM, January 24, 2008  

Wow ZZ there so much to say about his post. I agree that you attract like people. Opposites attract too and I see myself in both types, similar and different mirrors of me.

Maybe I'm just a chameleon, lol. But I have surely met enough people who have broken their mirrors and only see one way. Maybe I'm talking about myself, but I don't think so :)

I do believe that energy you give out is the energy you get back. It's gotten me this far, lol.

Beenzzz 10:37 PM, January 25, 2008  

That was very eye opening. I will have to pay attention in the future.

My Hikes in the Adirondacks

Search Greeneyezz Reflections

Loading

ZZ's Twit Videos

Summit of Mount Jo 9/24/10 A few friends were worried about me. They were worried about me hiking Mount Jo by myself, so I took this video to show how many people were around that day if I needed assistance. I even chatted with several and had a few people share a glass of wine with me at the summit. :) Mount Jo. 9/24/10 After the crowd left This is what the summit looked like... with no people on it. In the previous video I took, I showed all the people who had made this same hike to her summit.
© 2006 - 2010 Greeneyezz Reflections
© 2006 - 2010 Greeneyezz Reflections

   Ourblogtemplates.com (Modifications by Greeneyezz) Blah Blah Don't Steal My Stuff Blah Blah Bl...

Back to TOP