Blog Widget by LinkWithin
"The soul that can speak through the eyes, can also kiss with a gaze."
~Gustav Adolfo Becquer

B.O.B. makes yet another appearance...

>> Monday, February 18, 2008

....In Grove City Ohio this time!





According to this Yahoo news article:



Blow-up doll stands in for groom

Fri Feb 15, 10:33 PM ET

If one bride felt lighter than air in her wedding gown, her groom certainly felt like air itself as 19 couples renewed their vows near Columbus.
Sheila Smith's husband, Bob, had to go away on business and couldn't make the Valentine's Day recommitment service at Grove City United Methodist Church. So friends brought a life-size inflatable doll to serve as a stand-in.
They dressed Blow-up Bob in dress pants, a shirt and tie, and taped on a head-shot photo of the real Bob Smith.
His wife was blown away, because she thought she'd only be serving as matron of honor for four of her friends. After Sheila Smith phoned her husband to tell him about his air-filled alter ego, she wiped away tears as she told how he laughed so hard he couldn't speak.
___



I am cracking up reading that article. Anyone who had been following my blog, and had read my B.O.B. Story, would appreciate the twisted humor and irony behind this.
And that's his *real* name too! It doesn't get any better than that.
It sounded like she was more than ok with this, but I wonder...

What about Bob??


:)~~

4 Reflections:

william 10:27 AM, February 18, 2008  

I got an update on my phone with the heading....I thought for a second there that you actually took it with you to the Georgetown Game! It's a good thing I read the whole story before commenting! hehe

Greeneyezz 12:56 PM, February 18, 2008  

HA!

That must have been a sight to behold...you looking at the blog title from your phone.
And knowing me, you weren't too sure what to expect, huh?? HA!

That would have been funny to have him all dressed up in Orange, and I *finally* found his appendage!

~ZZ

Rolando 1:21 PM, February 18, 2008  

I hope that had a great time after the ceremony, lol. May they live happily ever after, haha.

delmer 2:30 PM, February 20, 2008  

You'd a thought that I'd have seen him drive by.

Ah, that was the night I was driving a child back and forth to school dances. Still, I was just a stone's throw from Grove City.

My Hikes in the Adirondacks

Search Greeneyezz Reflections

Loading

ZZ's Twit Videos

Summit of Mount Jo 9/24/10 A few friends were worried about me. They were worried about me hiking Mount Jo by myself, so I took this video to show how many people were around that day if I needed assistance. I even chatted with several and had a few people share a glass of wine with me at the summit. :) Mount Jo. 9/24/10 After the crowd left This is what the summit looked like... with no people on it. In the previous video I took, I showed all the people who had made this same hike to her summit.
© 2006 - 2010 Greeneyezz Reflections
© 2006 - 2010 Greeneyezz Reflections

   Ourblogtemplates.com (Modifications by Greeneyezz) Blah Blah Don't Steal My Stuff Blah Blah Bl...

Back to TOP