Blog Widget by LinkWithin
"The soul that can speak through the eyes, can also kiss with a gaze."
~Gustav Adolfo Becquer

Nice Philosophy

>> Friday, February 08, 2008

There was a blind girl who hated herself because she was blind.
She hated everyone, except her loving boyfriend.
He was always there for her.
She told her boyfriend, 'If I could only see the world, I would marry you.'

One day, someone donated a pair of eyes to her.
When the bandages came off, she was able to see everything,
including her boyfriend.
He asked her,'Now that you can see the world, will you still marry me?'
The girl looked at her boyfriend and saw that he was blind.
The sight of his closed eyelids shocked her.
She hadn't expected that.
The thought of looking at them the rest of her life led her
to refuse to marry him.
Her boyfriend left her in tears and days later wrote a note to her saying:
'Take good care of your eyes, my dear,
for before they were yours, they were mine.'

This is how the human brain often works when our status changes.
Only a very few remember what life was like before,
and who was always by their side in the most painful situations.

3 Reflections:

Friday's Child 6:18 PM, February 08, 2008  

Someone slap that girl!

My sister is having cataract surgery this March...finally! She is 5 years older than me and blind as a bat. In fact they are replacing one lens. Oldest son of mine wanted me to ask her if the lens was coming from a donor and if his Aunt had heard of the new Jessica Alba movie about the blind girl who is given the gift of sight via donor lenses! Evil child.

I didn't mention that to my sis and the lens she is getting is synthetic. Her other eye will be done at a later date.

Anonymous 3:59 PM, February 10, 2008  

That reminds me of the Chaplin movie "City Lights." Very good movie.

newt

Rolando 9:54 AM, February 12, 2008  

How very true ZZ. I promise I won't forget about you when I win the lottery :)

My Hikes in the Adirondacks

Search Greeneyezz Reflections

Loading

ZZ's Twit Videos

Summit of Mount Jo 9/24/10 A few friends were worried about me. They were worried about me hiking Mount Jo by myself, so I took this video to show how many people were around that day if I needed assistance. I even chatted with several and had a few people share a glass of wine with me at the summit. :) Mount Jo. 9/24/10 After the crowd left This is what the summit looked like... with no people on it. In the previous video I took, I showed all the people who had made this same hike to her summit.
© 2006 - 2010 Greeneyezz Reflections
© 2006 - 2010 Greeneyezz Reflections

   Ourblogtemplates.com (Modifications by Greeneyezz) Blah Blah Don't Steal My Stuff Blah Blah Bl...

Back to TOP