Blog Widget by LinkWithin
"The soul that can speak through the eyes, can also kiss with a gaze."
~Gustav Adolfo Becquer

Of Alanis & Men & Women

>> Sunday, February 17, 2008

I couldn't think of a more appropriate title for this post.
I think it encompasses exactly what I want it to say.
No, I am not estolling the virtures of Alanis's angsty-like lyrics like I had back in November/December, but I did want to share a few tidbits since then.
One, being a request someone had posted in a forum I had read, about a month or so ago. It was from a woman who had been asking for a referral for any Marriage Therapists in the area, as there had been some serious struggles with in her own relationship and was looking for some guidance.
Doing what I do, professionally, I'm aware of several contacts with in our community that specializes in Marital Therapy. And btw - anyone reading this, *ever* wants Marital Therapy....make sure you ask the therapist what they have specifically been trained in. This form of therapy is and should be regarded as specialized, given subtle dynamics that impact that relationship. If he/she has not had specialized training that deals specifically with marriage and couples, ask to be referred to someone who is.
Anyway, I used to work with a woman who now has her own private practice, who also had been trained and certified in Imago Therapy, a specific model that works with relationships. I had posted to that woman the name of his therapist, along with the website for this form of Marital/Couple Therapy, as she is listed there, and shows her credentials and capabilities. The website is called "Getting the Love You Want", if you'd like to check it out.
Because I don't put up links without first researching them, I had decided to look it over myself first.

Lo and Behold, what do I find on this relationship website, but a blurb from, none other than Alanis Morrisette, estolling the virtures of...........Relationships!
Alanis! Wow! I obviusly had been out of touch, since her 'Jagged Little Pill' CD that I had been blasting the night of a Party I had. You'll find it here.

Below is a rather amusing video by a man named Mark Gungor, who is a pastor, speaker, author, musician and producer, aside from being a Marital Counselor. I got the biggest kick out of this video that talks about the Lighter side of the Differences between Men & Women's Brains...I hope you enjoy it as much as I have.




~ZZ

6 Reflections:

The Thrifty Blogger 10:03 PM, February 17, 2008  

THere is always Dr. Laura's book,
"The proper care and feeding of husbands." Ever listen to her? People either seem to love her or hate her. I like listening to her, I don't always agree with her, but a lot of times she makes sense. She's really good with kids when they call in. She and that guy on youtube sound very similar.
http://www.drlaura.com/call/

Billiam 12:48 AM, February 18, 2008  

About Alanis, I remember her on the show "You can't do that on television". Enough said.

Rolando 3:27 PM, February 18, 2008  

Haha, if I want advice on marriage therapy I just go to Nellie's site, lol.

Greeneyezz 3:52 PM, February 18, 2008  

HA!

You mean you're gonna learn how *not* to fall asleep after stage 5??

.
.
.
.
.

*Whispers soooo quietly so that Rolando is the *only* one who can read this*
Yep, I read your comment on her site. *Naughtygrin*

tee-hee

~StealthyZZ

;)~~

Greeneyezz 6:00 PM, February 18, 2008  

Bill -

Did you get a chance to watch the video??

thoughts?

Greeneyezz 6:19 PM, February 18, 2008  

Gwen - I think you and I chatted about Laura before, if I remember correctly.
I don't know too much about her.

My Hikes in the Adirondacks

Search Greeneyezz Reflections

Loading

ZZ's Twit Videos

Summit of Mount Jo 9/24/10 A few friends were worried about me. They were worried about me hiking Mount Jo by myself, so I took this video to show how many people were around that day if I needed assistance. I even chatted with several and had a few people share a glass of wine with me at the summit. :) Mount Jo. 9/24/10 After the crowd left This is what the summit looked like... with no people on it. In the previous video I took, I showed all the people who had made this same hike to her summit.
© 2006 - 2010 Greeneyezz Reflections
© 2006 - 2010 Greeneyezz Reflections

   Ourblogtemplates.com (Modifications by Greeneyezz) Blah Blah Don't Steal My Stuff Blah Blah Bl...

Back to TOP