Blog Widget by LinkWithin
"The soul that can speak through the eyes, can also kiss with a gaze."
~Gustav Adolfo Becquer

WiseGuys

>> Sunday, February 24, 2008

Another funny evening at Wiseguys Comedy Club, and what better way to enjoy it than to be there with the very best group of Wiseguys, I could possibly know!
It was a sold out show and the only downside to the evening was that we had reservations for 16, though someone at the front desk only had down 11, which resulted in four from our group needing to be situated at different tables.


Trivia Question everyone....
What typically happens when you are seated *Closest* to the stage when there's comedy acts going on???



.



.



.



If you guessed that you're sometimes brought 'into' the the comedy of the person on stage, then you are correct!

We were seated directly next to the stage, with my chair directly butted up against the stage itself! And because I've been so excited about the new camera that I just purchased, and taking pictures, I was gently razzed about it by the comedians on the stage.
Bruno Schirripa, the owner and MC for Wiseguys, had taken the opportunity to embarrass me just a tad, when he took my camera from me and shot a picture of he and I, cheek to cheek (actually, it was more like Cheek to Eye), in front of a sold out show! Considering he snapped the pic himself in 2 seconds flat...he did manage to get both of us in there..albeit my face got squished a bit! ;)


Below is the man I wake up to, every morning! *Naughty grin*
For those not from CNY, his name is Gomez, a DJ from The Gomez & Dave Radio Show on TK99, a Classic Rock Station in Syracuse. He's part of the Morning Program.
He too, took the opportunity to poke a bit of light-hearted fun at the picture taking by posing! (Sorry Gomez for the top of your head being cut off, you flustered me when you got up so close to me and posed like that!)

A better picture of him here:


A few of my personal favorite Wiseguys! Those who've been following my blog, you'll notice that C. is indeed back!! Yaaay! (Damn, that didn't last long, did it???) Personally, I would have waited until Spring to return, but L-O-V-E seems to be in the air! ;)


Below is the Opening Act, from Indianapolis, IN John Garrett. He was pretty funny, and very personable too, as he chatted a while with us after the show was done.
Again....posing for the camera in the middle of his act! He was smart though...as he saw fit to promote his CD! (Do I get royalties??) ;)



The last act was from a woman named Sheila Kay. I thought she was hysterical! And I would have guessed as much had I read her bio on her website first. With an introduction like this:
"My name is Sheila Kay. I was born, bred, married, spawned, and divorced in Detroit, Michigan…and to make matters worse I did most of that twice."
Anyone who uses the word SPAWN in a sentence, has definitely got my attention!


After the show, we ended up staying for a bit more. I had WAYYYYYY too much wine before and during the show to even consider getting another glass.


All in all, another good night was had!
~ZZ

2 Reflections:

Brunetta 8:59 PM, February 24, 2008  

Looks like you got some of the WiseGuys in you Ms. WIZEAZZ!!!

FosterDad 9:41 AM, February 26, 2008  

Yeppers...a great time was had by all! I'm not sure what was funnnier...the comedic routines or their interaction with the photographer lady....you all know the one with the new camera....Ms. Monkeylady....hehe

My Hikes in the Adirondacks

Search Greeneyezz Reflections

Loading

ZZ's Twit Videos

Summit of Mount Jo 9/24/10 A few friends were worried about me. They were worried about me hiking Mount Jo by myself, so I took this video to show how many people were around that day if I needed assistance. I even chatted with several and had a few people share a glass of wine with me at the summit. :) Mount Jo. 9/24/10 After the crowd left This is what the summit looked like... with no people on it. In the previous video I took, I showed all the people who had made this same hike to her summit.
© 2006 - 2010 Greeneyezz Reflections
© 2006 - 2010 Greeneyezz Reflections

   Ourblogtemplates.com (Modifications by Greeneyezz) Blah Blah Don't Steal My Stuff Blah Blah Bl...

Back to TOP