Blog Widget by LinkWithin
"The soul that can speak through the eyes, can also kiss with a gaze."
~Gustav Adolfo Becquer

Bald is Beautiful!!

>> Monday, March 03, 2008

Especially when it's on this beautiful little boy who wants to help out other young boys & girls who have cancer and have lost their own hair as a result of the treatments.




'Patrick G.'

And even more so, knowing this particular beautiful little boy is the son of a beautiful couple,
M & K.
M. is one of my old college room-mates from SUNY College at Buffalo, NY. She and her family now live in L.I. K. & M.s son will be shaving his head on March 7, 2008, on behalf of The St. Baldrick's Foundation, which helps raise awareness and funds to cure Kid's cancer by supporting cancer research and fellowships.



Won't you please help. He is very excited about this.
Even just a few dollars would help.
Thanks again!
(GO PATRICK GO!!)

~Greeneyezz

****EDIT****
The conclusion to Patrick's story can be found here: Bald is Beautiful - Part II.

8 Reflections:

Kim 8:21 AM, March 04, 2008  

Looks like he's already raised quite a bit of money. Great job!

Anonymous 4:26 PM, March 04, 2008  

He is a beautiful boy and a brave one. He has done quite well raising his funds. Thanks for sharing zz, I made a donation for the little guy. : )

4thefun

Greeneyezz 5:13 PM, March 04, 2008  

Kim - yes he has raised alot. Every dollar counts.

4thefun - *MWAW* You are a living Doll! Thank you soo much! Yeah, he is a beautiful little guy, isn't he?? Thank you for such a kind hearted gesture!

~ZZ

Billiam 12:13 PM, March 05, 2008  
This comment has been removed by the author.
Billiam 12:16 PM, March 05, 2008  

It's so sad that children that young have to deal with something like this. Hope his shaving raises money and awareness

delmer 5:06 PM, March 05, 2008  

If I had hair like that I'd never cut it ... that's certainly worth a few bucks.

delmer 5:07 PM, March 05, 2008  

Oh ... you *are* going to post the bald photo, aren't you?

Greeneyezz 7:14 AM, March 06, 2008  

Billiam - Yeah it does suck, especially when it happens to children. No parent should out live their child, and I know that with you being such a proud Daddy yourself, it probably rings so true for you as well. Thanks for the kind sentiment. :)

Delmer - Thanks Sooooo much for your contribution! I'm sure Patrick is very excited about this. I emailed Marge about pictures of him being shaved, haven't heard back yet. ;)

~ZZ

My Hikes in the Adirondacks

Search Greeneyezz Reflections

Loading

ZZ's Twit Videos

Summit of Mount Jo 9/24/10 A few friends were worried about me. They were worried about me hiking Mount Jo by myself, so I took this video to show how many people were around that day if I needed assistance. I even chatted with several and had a few people share a glass of wine with me at the summit. :) Mount Jo. 9/24/10 After the crowd left This is what the summit looked like... with no people on it. In the previous video I took, I showed all the people who had made this same hike to her summit.
© 2006 - 2010 Greeneyezz Reflections
© 2006 - 2010 Greeneyezz Reflections

   Ourblogtemplates.com (Modifications by Greeneyezz) Blah Blah Don't Steal My Stuff Blah Blah Bl...

Back to TOP