Blog Widget by LinkWithin
"The soul that can speak through the eyes, can also kiss with a gaze."
~Gustav Adolfo Becquer

How would you spend...

>> Friday, March 14, 2008

$80,000??

Given recent events in our State Capital, with our Upstanding unrespectable, Famous Infamous, Honest Duplicitous, Moral scandalous,
Governor Resigned-Governor, Eliot Spitzer.
Obviously this is the focal point of many newspapers, on-line forums, magazines and such, across the nation.
$80,000!
I still can't fathom that! I've already been hearing all sorts of jokes, puns, one-liners and youtube video parodies on this.


The Post Standard did an article:
How would You spend $80,000?

According to this article $80,000 would get you:

Flu vaccinations, at $30 per pop, for 2,666 Central New York adults.
- Amanda Nestor,
Onondaga County Health Department

~A bachelor's degree from the State University of New York. Expenses, including tuition, room and board and books, is estimated at $17,630 for the 2007-2008 academic year.
-
www.suny.edu

~A year's worth of child care for eight infants at a child center in Onondaga County. Average price per child is $9,724.
-
Child Care Solutions

~Two season tickets for SU football in the preferred D level (sidelines) for 129 years. Two tickets to the 2008 season cost $620.
-
Syracuse University

~Porsche 911 sports car with a sticker price of $73,500.
-
www.edmunds.com

~Feed 83 children in Darfur every day for 10 years. Based on a cost of $8 per child per month; $96 for a year; $960 for 10 years.
-
www.feedthechildren.org

~23,809.52 gallons of gas at the AAA average Syracuse price of $3.36 per gallon. In a car that gets 25 miles per gallon, you could drive from Boston to San Francisco 221 times.
-
AAA, Google maps

-------------------------------------------------

What would I spend $80,000 on???

Mmmmmmm, I'd have to say -
a top-of-the-line quality camera (Canon) and a photography class to learn how to use it.)
A new decent quality Mountain Bike (Aluminum frame)
I'd use the rest of it as a down-payment on a nice house.



What would *You* spend $80,000 on?

5 Reflections:

Beenzzz 12:22 PM, March 14, 2008  

I'd use part of it to pay off our cars and then the rest on a down payment for a new house! Why is it that jerks always end up with the money?

Kim 1:16 PM, March 14, 2008  

I'd pay off credit cards and buy a pizza. ;-)

delmer 6:14 PM, March 14, 2008  

I'd pay off all my bills, including most of my mortgage, saving a little bit back for a week's worth of $200 hookers.

Lord Likely 9:52 PM, March 14, 2008  

I would probably just spend it on prostitutes, in all honesty.

Elliott 10:24 AM, March 16, 2008  

Ohhhhh....I'm drooling at thinking how many early twenty year olds I could have all at the same time to get my freak on!

My Hikes in the Adirondacks

Search Greeneyezz Reflections

Loading

ZZ's Twit Videos

Summit of Mount Jo 9/24/10 A few friends were worried about me. They were worried about me hiking Mount Jo by myself, so I took this video to show how many people were around that day if I needed assistance. I even chatted with several and had a few people share a glass of wine with me at the summit. :) Mount Jo. 9/24/10 After the crowd left This is what the summit looked like... with no people on it. In the previous video I took, I showed all the people who had made this same hike to her summit.
© 2006 - 2010 Greeneyezz Reflections
© 2006 - 2010 Greeneyezz Reflections

   Ourblogtemplates.com (Modifications by Greeneyezz) Blah Blah Don't Steal My Stuff Blah Blah Bl...

Back to TOP