Blog Widget by LinkWithin
"The soul that can speak through the eyes, can also kiss with a gaze."
~Gustav Adolfo Becquer

Hail Caesar!!!

>> Tuesday, April 01, 2008

*Note to Self*

Limit the amount of alcohol consumed before dinner is served!

This Bears repeating again...

"Don't let them get tipsy trashed *before* they sit down for dinner!"

Following along a Murder Mystery, and deciphering the many clues, requires many more synapses to fire, than simply yelling out "I'll have another!"
This was a hard lesson to learn.
A funny lesson, but difficult none the less.
And it didn't make it any easier when I had made it a *requirement* to take a drink, each and EVERY time someone...Anyone, yelled out:
Hail Caesar!!!

Do you have any idea, how many times that phrase was bellowed out?

Come now, say it with me....

Hail Caesar!!!






Of course, wine goblets of choice, may have had something to do with this too.
I have a whole set of lead crystal wine glasses, water goblets, rocks glasses and champagne flutes, all in the same ornate pattern. Fairly pricey. Do I use them? Not really. I fell in love with these very inexpensive but very classy & Regal looking wine goblets, that I just *had to have*!
It's the sheer size (Yes, size does matter) of them that makes them stand out. And damn it all to hell, 16 of these glasses were a fraction of what the crystal ones cost!
For comparison sake, please see below:




*Side note*
Please notice, what looks like 'smudges' on the goblet on the right, just above the level of the wine. Actually, I had just swirled the wine and taken a sip before setting it down there. What you are seeing is what is termed "The legs of a wine." Some people used to think that was a way to evaluate the quality of a wine: The more 'legs' there were, the higher quality of wine.
That is simply not true. What you are actually seeing is really physics or chemistry related. Because alcohol evaporates quicker than water, When the wine is swirled in the glass, the alcohol goes up the side of the glass as it evaporates. Because there is water content as well, it pushes the water up in an arched fashion until gravity forces the tension to break, causing the water content to run down the side of the glass, forming 'legs' or 'tears'.
(Bet you didn't realize you were going to get a quick education in wine, did you??) :)

And as long as you all are edgue-macating yourselves, please notice that particular wine that I have used for that display.
That would be Bogle Old Vine Red Zinfandel, and my
All Time Bestest, Most Favortist, Wanna-Get-Me-Drunk-And-Take-Advantage-Of-Me, wine in the world!
I have to laugh too, 'cause when people have asked my what kind of wine I like and I tell them Red Zinfandel's are really nice, they somehow think I'm talking about White Zinfandel!
There's such a world of difference in the two, I can do nothing but giggle, as I take another sip.

Anyway, I seemed to have gotten off track a bit.
Oh, one more thing....the cork that you see? It's from that bottle of Bogle. It says, right on the cork: "Over a bottle of wine many a friend is found." ~Yiddish Proverb
Ya just gotta love a winery that stamps inspiring quotes on their corks. It's kinda like a little added treasure you find once opening up the bottle.

So, starting the evening with the wine and beer flowing very freely, most definitely impacted every one's ability to keep the clues straight.




For appetizers, I had an assortment of cheeses, breads, large green olives stuffed with Gorgonzola Cheese, Green olives stuffed with whole almonds, Kalamata Olives, Roasted Tomatoes in olive oil with garlic and other seasonings, all Romanesque style foods.

During the Appetizer portion of the evening, Round One had started. This included everyone opening up their player manual unique to the character they played. On the left of the first page gave a list of Sordid Facts that each character were to Conceal from others and not just volunteer up that info. The right side of the manual included all information that would be Revealed in the context of conversation around the table.
This part was where most of the Alcohol-Induced Camaraderie amongst the players had occured.

(Next: The Roman Feast and some of the more....charmingly funny things said or done through out the evening.)

Hail Caesar!!!

3 Reflections:

FosterDad 9:45 AM, April 01, 2008  

Ah yes....One can not tire of hearing those infamous words...

"Hail Caesar!"

Kim 12:06 PM, April 01, 2008  

Hey, I had some of that wine just last night! Well, not that particular wine, as it's 700 miles away, but that brand, anyway!

Glad you had fun. Host another one in July. ;-)

Rolando 12:47 AM, April 02, 2008  

Oh man, I didn't get the invite :( Looks like a fun time, as always. Nothing like good friends, good wine, and a fun agenda. :)

My Hikes in the Adirondacks

Search Greeneyezz Reflections

Loading

ZZ's Twit Videos

Summit of Mount Jo 9/24/10 A few friends were worried about me. They were worried about me hiking Mount Jo by myself, so I took this video to show how many people were around that day if I needed assistance. I even chatted with several and had a few people share a glass of wine with me at the summit. :) Mount Jo. 9/24/10 After the crowd left This is what the summit looked like... with no people on it. In the previous video I took, I showed all the people who had made this same hike to her summit.
© 2006 - 2010 Greeneyezz Reflections
© 2006 - 2010 Greeneyezz Reflections

   Ourblogtemplates.com (Modifications by Greeneyezz) Blah Blah Don't Steal My Stuff Blah Blah Bl...

Back to TOP