Blog Widget by LinkWithin
"The soul that can speak through the eyes, can also kiss with a gaze."
~Gustav Adolfo Becquer

You Know it's better weather when....

>> Saturday, May 17, 2008

You go to the Farmer's Market for the 1st time this season!
I love how rich that color Blue/purple is on those flowers.


It was supposed to Thunder Storm all day on Saturday, but ended up a gorgeous day!
Called my sister out of bed at a little before 8 AM, and made the usual stop at Dunkin Donuts first for coffee.


I know I've blogged about this last year, so you might remember me bitching about hating when it is so crowded there. And I absolutely detest when people bring baby carriages, some of them Cadillac style, down the very, very narrow aisles of the semi-indoor vendors. I didn't have a problem with them this time. (Must be very early in the season and I was also there early in the morning.)


Aside from a few HUGE Sweet Potatoes/Yams, and Red peppers, below would be the start of what I just purchased for me to plant. Obviously Basil will *always* be a staple. But there are also three varieties of peppers: Bell, Hot, long Hungarian, and Yellow Bells.





I also purchased four Tomato plants. I may still purchase a jalapeno plant and some Cilantro to plant, as I make a kick ass Salsa.

5 Reflections:

The Thrifty Blogger 8:02 PM, May 18, 2008  

I love the Regional Market, haven't been there in quite a while though. Saturday's is my favorite of the two/3 days. :)

delmer 10:30 PM, May 18, 2008  

I pass by a Farmers Market when I bike out in the country. It isn't an outdoor market like yours, but one of those places that will let you pick your own berries in addition to having a bunch of produce in it.

On the home front I did some 'un-gardening' today and tore up a bunch of stuff that needed rehabbing.

FosterDad2 10:21 AM, May 19, 2008  

Hey...if you get a chance the next time you are there.....in the first or second building from the back...there is an italian food shack...serves meatballs, sausage, sauce and bread, etc. It's pretty good and they used to have kids that skated for me. Ran into them a few weeks ago while looking for some flowers.

The Supplicant 3:32 PM, May 20, 2008  

Excellent shots and great story Greeneyezz. We've got a farmers market just down the road from here so I can definitely relate to this experience. Now, seeing all these pics of great plants I'm feeling inspired to go weed out in the gardens :-) Wish me luck...tons of blackflies out and about.
~JD

Greeneyezz 7:33 AM, May 22, 2008  

Gwen - Saturday is the day to go, no doubt. Saturday mornings and my Dunkin Donuts coffee (french vanilla, of course) and I'm good to go! :)

Delmer - Pick your own berries. umm. I bet you're looking forward to your blackberry bush to produce fruit. Oh God, just the thought of that...fresh berries, picked directly from the bush, sound wonderful!

JD - I am glad to see you! Omg wow..Black Flies...around this time of year is HORRIBLE! I remember camping in the Adirondacks around this time. I was bit by one around my eyebrow, and that had swelled to the point of me not being able to open my eye!! grrrr.
Whatcha planting there? Anything good?

~ZZ

My Hikes in the Adirondacks

Search Greeneyezz Reflections

Loading

ZZ's Twit Videos

Summit of Mount Jo 9/24/10 A few friends were worried about me. They were worried about me hiking Mount Jo by myself, so I took this video to show how many people were around that day if I needed assistance. I even chatted with several and had a few people share a glass of wine with me at the summit. :) Mount Jo. 9/24/10 After the crowd left This is what the summit looked like... with no people on it. In the previous video I took, I showed all the people who had made this same hike to her summit.
© 2006 - 2010 Greeneyezz Reflections
© 2006 - 2010 Greeneyezz Reflections

   Ourblogtemplates.com (Modifications by Greeneyezz) Blah Blah Don't Steal My Stuff Blah Blah Bl...

Back to TOP