Blog Widget by LinkWithin
"The soul that can speak through the eyes, can also kiss with a gaze."
~Gustav Adolfo Becquer

"The Air Before the Thunder Crack"

>> Sunday, June 22, 2008


Blue wonder, originally uploaded by jopegs1.

That's how you described yourself.

The air before the thunder crack.

That heavily weighted silence, of palpable pent up energy,
and fraught with heady anticipation.
It foreshadows the looming crack of thunder
that will follow the bolt of lightening
and also tears my heart asunder.

The air before the thunder crack.

I felt your presence here from time to time.
The air hot, thick, and electrically charged,
And like one, who anticipates that now familiar rumbling,
That Crack of Thunder never came.
The air stayed thick and charged with energy,
Wanting. Needing that release forgiveness.
Though the Thunder never came.
And so I thought, since time had passed, and not a word from you I heard.
I prayed and thought I was safe in adding,
"Your Beautiful Tear" to my memory of you here.
How I mistook that silence from you, as you were closer than I thought.
And like the lightening that's made it's mark, with in feet of where we stay,
The Bolt, the Air, and the Thunder Crack became One with me that day.

The Air Before the Thunder Crack

You wanted your presence known to me, of this, I'm quite sure.
Though the reasons for this, I find myself, once again at a loss.
Unfinished.
The thunder would never come.
Did you think that I would hate you?
Or that I would Not want to hear from you?
Not hear your voice?
Ever again?
Did you think that I no longer care?
Did you?
Would I want to see you hurt and disheartened?
Then you don't know me.
How could I not want the best for you?
How deeply I was touched.
The hurt I feel, is the price I pay,
for keeping an open heart.
Reachable.
Like the mark of that bolt of lightening that streaks it's way
across the sky.


"I will find you in the air before the thunder."
Rings in my ears.
I remember.

© 2008 Greeneyezz
-----------------------------------------------

11 Reflections:

Julie 11:32 PM, June 22, 2008  

wow.

That's all I can say.

wow.

Rolando 10:32 PM, June 23, 2008  

that's deep ZZ, who's the lucky person :)

John 9:03 AM, June 24, 2008  

Your blog is like a little Zen Garden. : )

The Supplicant 10:16 PM, June 24, 2008  

WOW. You've surprised me my dear. Instead of quoting others works you should be putting your own writing in here. That was very well done...better yet, truly wonderful.
Your opening line was...well to me...just phenomenal. Loved it.
~JD

Greeneyezz 11:28 PM, June 24, 2008  

Julie - I'll take the *wow* to mean something hopefully 'good'.
;)

Rolando - Thanks. 'Lucky person'....mmmmmm..... :)

John - What a wonderful thought. I liked the idea of including an auditorial aspect to what I was trying to convey. I'm glad you liked it.

JD - Wow! Right back at you! Your input means alot, given that I think you are an incredible Poet and accomplished writer!
The title "The Air Before the Thunder Crack" are his words, not mine. I'm assuming you meant: "That heavily weighted silence,..."
Thank you for your very kind thoughts. I don't consider myuself much of a poet, but this came from my heart.
(Maybe that's what makes the difference?)

~ZZ

Anonymous 2:39 PM, June 25, 2008  

cool poem. Nice analagy with the lightening.

"And so I thought, since time had passed, and not a word from you I heard."

Why were you waiting for the guy to call? It's 2008, not the 50's. why didn't you call him?

Greeneyezz 6:12 PM, June 25, 2008  

Anon -
His wishes.
I respected his wishes.

Thank you for the nice comment. I like using analagies.

~ZZ

The Thrifty Blogger 11:08 PM, June 25, 2008  

That's very nice. :)

Greeneyezz 4:22 PM, June 26, 2008  

Gwen - Thanks. I appreciate your support. :)

~ZZ

jokers 1:34 PM, June 28, 2008  

Bravisimo!

Nice work Greeneyezz, insightful and poignant, easily bringing the reader to a place which can be seen vividly in the mind`s eye, which is after all, the objective of good poetry.

Poems from the heart are always the best, the rest belong in a Hallmark.

Greeneyezz 10:22 PM, June 30, 2008  

Jokers -
Thank you for such a wonderful comment.
I'm glad my words helped to create a vivid place for you. I was inspired.

And yes, poems that come from the heart, are truly felt and genuine. There's nothing like that feeling in the whole world, and I wouldn't trade it for anything!

~ZZ

My Hikes in the Adirondacks

Search Greeneyezz Reflections

Loading

ZZ's Twit Videos

Summit of Mount Jo 9/24/10 A few friends were worried about me. They were worried about me hiking Mount Jo by myself, so I took this video to show how many people were around that day if I needed assistance. I even chatted with several and had a few people share a glass of wine with me at the summit. :) Mount Jo. 9/24/10 After the crowd left This is what the summit looked like... with no people on it. In the previous video I took, I showed all the people who had made this same hike to her summit.
© 2006 - 2010 Greeneyezz Reflections
© 2006 - 2010 Greeneyezz Reflections

   Ourblogtemplates.com (Modifications by Greeneyezz) Blah Blah Don't Steal My Stuff Blah Blah Bl...

Back to TOP