Blog Widget by LinkWithin
"The soul that can speak through the eyes, can also kiss with a gaze."
~Gustav Adolfo Becquer

In Memoriam

>> Saturday, June 21, 2008


2/15/01 - 6/21/07

Do Not Stand at my Grave and Weep
I am Not There. I do not Sleep.
I am a Thousand Winds that Blow.
I am The Diamond Glints on Snow.
I am The Sunlight on Ripened Grain.
I am the Gentle Autumn Rain.
When You Awaken in the Morning's Hush
I am the Swift Uplifting Rush
Of Quiet Birds in Circled Flight
I am the Soft Stars That Shine at Night.
Do not stand at my Grave and Cry;
I am not there. I did not Die.
~Mary E. Frye




***Edited 6/22***
The complete outpouring of support for Dawg throughout this Country can be witnessed on Dawg's site HERE! Check it out...every single person on that list had done a memoriam in DJ's honor yesterday!

--------------------------------
Picture from Pointless Drivel

6 Reflections:

clipper 4:08 PM, June 21, 2008  

Gee Greeneyezz, I am new to your blog and don't know who the memorial tribute is in honor of, but the poem is beautiful. Whomever the piece is intended to memorialize, I will join you in paying homage to them, and will hold them up in my prayers.

I link to your blog from Poppin's ponderings, and I love the poetry and the depth of emotion in your writings and posts. Thank you for the opportunity to reflect and read a different perspective and the serious messages you purvey on a regular basis.

Your humor, your insight and your great sense of good taste make your blog a nice place to visit.

Greeneyezz 7:01 PM, June 21, 2008  

Clipper -
Firstly, I thank you for stopping by and reading. It's always nice to have someone be moved somehow to post their thought. I appreciate it.

DJ is the son of NYCwatchdog. He had died from an accident last year at the tender age of 6.
I had just recently have been a regular reader to his site, though had met and chatted with him while at a 'Blogging Get Together' in Philadelphia last month. If you follow the link, it'll take you to his site and the outpouring of emotional support that he is currently receiving from tons of readers. A wonderful man.

On a separate note, I want to thank you for your very kind words about my site. Regarding the poetry, I wish I was able to write like some of the poets I've featured, particularly Oriah Mountain Dreamer. I absolutely feel each and every word from her poem "The Moment Before".
I've noticed that my own posts have evolved, more indepth and with more meaning, as I continue to post here. I thank you for your wonderful thoughts about this, you made me smile.
You really did. :)

~ZZ

The Supplicant 11:56 AM, June 22, 2008  

What a wonderful tribute Greeneyezz.
Beautiful.
~JD

New York City's Watchdog 7:20 PM, June 22, 2008  

Thanks for remembering... I appreciate it

Greeneyezz 8:06 PM, June 22, 2008  

JD - Thanks. It's a beutiful poem.

~ZZ

Greeneyezz 8:12 PM, June 22, 2008  

Dawg,
I've been reading the outpour of wonderful support for you and your family, as each post comes in one by one.
I am amazed when I look over my rss feed and see the amount of people who have done memoriams in your son's honor. I was quite choked up.
Nothing can take the pain away from you. It defies logic that a parent would outlive their child.

Though grieving, that poem offers a new, and hopefully a healing perspective that your child's physical self may have passed, but he is indeed alive and with you spiritually.
He'll always be with you.

~ZZ

My Hikes in the Adirondacks

Search Greeneyezz Reflections

Loading

ZZ's Twit Videos

Summit of Mount Jo 9/24/10 A few friends were worried about me. They were worried about me hiking Mount Jo by myself, so I took this video to show how many people were around that day if I needed assistance. I even chatted with several and had a few people share a glass of wine with me at the summit. :) Mount Jo. 9/24/10 After the crowd left This is what the summit looked like... with no people on it. In the previous video I took, I showed all the people who had made this same hike to her summit.
© 2006 - 2010 Greeneyezz Reflections
© 2006 - 2010 Greeneyezz Reflections

   Ourblogtemplates.com (Modifications by Greeneyezz) Blah Blah Don't Steal My Stuff Blah Blah Bl...

Back to TOP