Blog Widget by LinkWithin
"The soul that can speak through the eyes, can also kiss with a gaze."
~Gustav Adolfo Becquer

Incredible Photo...

>> Tuesday, June 17, 2008

...And Horrific Damage.


This was a Tornado that had touched down in Orchard, Iowa on June 10, 2008.
According to this article from The Boston Globe:

"The rising Mississippi River has broken high-water records up and down the Iowa and Illinois shore, cresting as high as 12 feet above flood stage in some places. Estimates place the cost of the damage at over $1 billion dollars, and concerns are rising over crop damage, toxic remnants that were washed into neighborhoods, future mosquito invasions, and maintaining supplies of clean drinking water. Communities further downstream are bracing for possible flooding as well."

There are 16 Incredible photos with captions. Check them out here.

6 Reflections:

Rolando 11:22 PM, June 17, 2008  

Is that for real? That is just simply amazing. I crap in my pants for sure, lol. I really hope and pray for the people devastated by the floods and tornadoes. It's just crazy what's happening around the world.

Hope you're ok too ZZ. :)

jenny 6:54 AM, June 18, 2008  

Wow - those photos are unbelievable! I feel so awful for everyone in Cedar Rapids and all the other flooded areas. I can't imagine coming back to a city in ruins like that.

Lord Likely 11:07 AM, June 18, 2008  

Good heavens!

If I saw that thundering towards me, the last thing I would do is whip out my camera and photograph it!

Greeneyezz 11:26 AM, June 18, 2008  

Ro - It sure is for real. Amazing what Nature can do, huh? Terrifying too! I'm OK Swee'Pea, thanks for asking! *MWAW* :)

Jen - It is almost unbelieveable! I had posted this and then remembered this is where Miss Britt and her husband had traveled too last week, as her husband's family lost all. (But by the looks of joy with the little one that's on her site, they still have everything.)

M'Lord - I was thinking the *exact* same thing! It's a truely amazing photo, but no way would I be standing there snapping that! The article said she took it from her backdoor, or something like that. Incredible!

~ZZ

John 3:26 PM, June 19, 2008  

OMG! That's one of the most dramatic photos I've ever seen. I checked out the whole set, pretty incredible - and heartbreaking.

hello haha narf 5:48 PM, June 20, 2008  

stunning photo. scary stuff!

My Hikes in the Adirondacks

Search Greeneyezz Reflections

Loading

ZZ's Twit Videos

Summit of Mount Jo 9/24/10 A few friends were worried about me. They were worried about me hiking Mount Jo by myself, so I took this video to show how many people were around that day if I needed assistance. I even chatted with several and had a few people share a glass of wine with me at the summit. :) Mount Jo. 9/24/10 After the crowd left This is what the summit looked like... with no people on it. In the previous video I took, I showed all the people who had made this same hike to her summit.
© 2006 - 2010 Greeneyezz Reflections
© 2006 - 2010 Greeneyezz Reflections

   Ourblogtemplates.com (Modifications by Greeneyezz) Blah Blah Don't Steal My Stuff Blah Blah Bl...

Back to TOP