Blog Widget by LinkWithin
"The soul that can speak through the eyes, can also kiss with a gaze."
~Gustav Adolfo Becquer

Perpetual Present

>> Monday, June 16, 2008


Tush, originally uploaded by abre-los-ojos.

I try to memorize him
with the soft pads of my fingertips.
Closing my eyes
and slowly tracing
the cheekbone's rise and gleam
the moist, fragile skin around the eye
the jawbone
square, angled, tight
roughened by the days relentless growth.
I will my heart into my fingertips
and move them through the soft curling
hair on the broad chest
rising and falling
rising and falling over the heart.
My hand moves down the hard belly
And I find
I cannot remember,
in every detail,
the line of his face
I touched only a moment ago.
It has already begun to fade.

And I had wanted to hold it forever.

He strokes my arm
runs his broad fingers
down the naked curve of my back
over the smoothness of my thigh
draped across him.
Is he trying to memorize me also?

We cannot hang on to this moment
Even knowing it is the last moment.
Life pulls us
like a great tidal wave
sweeping us forward
dragging us into the perpetual present.
Our memories of this moment
will change and be shaped
by new desires and disappointments.

And I will forget I knew even this.


~Oriah Mountain Dreamer

----------------------------------------------------------
I Love this Poet. She's incredible. Like it? If you'd like to read more from her, please click on the tag 'Oriah' located right below the comment section.

My Very Personal All Time Favorite from her???
Read 'The Moment Before'.
And when you do, slowly take it in, let your mind wander. Let it take you places and visualize this as you take in every word and the feeling behind it.
~ZZ

3 Reflections:

Rolando 11:24 PM, June 17, 2008  

I like it ZZ, it was starting to get hot :)

John 1:29 AM, July 04, 2008  

DEEAAHHMMMMM GIRL, you know how to spoil a man! Thank you SO MUCH for throwing me a "private" blogiversary party. I wanted to tahnk you privately, but it seems that your email is a secret. But you could send it to me if yo wanted. Just sayin' ; ) This seemed as good a post as any to ask. ; ) - Thank you! : )

Greeneyezz 9:57 AM, July 04, 2008  

Hehehe I'm glad you enjoyed that! It really wasn't hard to do...I had all those gifs to start with, I just had to find the Jimmy buffet songs! :)

As for my email address and it being 'a secret'??? Tsk tsk, you darlin' are not looking close enough. Scroll back to the top of my page. On my sidebar you'll find an 'animated' pen & inkpot that writes out 'email'. Click on that! ;)~~

(And you're very Welcome John!)

~ZZ

My Hikes in the Adirondacks

Search Greeneyezz Reflections

Loading

ZZ's Twit Videos

Summit of Mount Jo 9/24/10 A few friends were worried about me. They were worried about me hiking Mount Jo by myself, so I took this video to show how many people were around that day if I needed assistance. I even chatted with several and had a few people share a glass of wine with me at the summit. :) Mount Jo. 9/24/10 After the crowd left This is what the summit looked like... with no people on it. In the previous video I took, I showed all the people who had made this same hike to her summit.
© 2006 - 2010 Greeneyezz Reflections
© 2006 - 2010 Greeneyezz Reflections

   Ourblogtemplates.com (Modifications by Greeneyezz) Blah Blah Don't Steal My Stuff Blah Blah Bl...

Back to TOP