Blog Widget by LinkWithin
"The soul that can speak through the eyes, can also kiss with a gaze."
~Gustav Adolfo Becquer

Of Birds, Humans and Broken Deals

>> Saturday, July 19, 2008

"We have a deal" ...Said George Costanza of Seinfeld fame. (Pigeons are to move out of the way when humans approach, and humans will overlook the pigeons' statue defecation.)

(click on photo)

Apparently that deal, though George said the pigeons broke it, only applies to pigeons and not geese.
Brunetta and I had gone for a bike ride and boy...was it a hot, hot day!
We went along the Famed Erie Canal. The photo above was taken about 5 miles into our ride. Geese were all over the place, and like George's pigeons above, really did not move out of the way once approaching and passing them.
We ended up doing a 22.25 mile round trip ride, stopping at the Chittenango crossover for lunch that we had packed before turning around to make the ride back to the truck.
For those not familiar already, Chittenango is the home town of L. Frank Baum, the author of that wonderful childhood movie, The Wonderful Wizard of Oz. The quaint and tiny little village boasts yellow brick roads for their side walks and there is a yearly Oz Fest that includes a few of the remaining living munchkins from the original movie. (Shouldn't they be about 150 years old by now?!)
Anyway, please check my 'ZZ's Photos' link at the top of my page for a few updated floral pics that I took while on this bike ride. You'll also see a few older pics of Chittenango Falls in the wintertime, and mostly frozen.


***Edited 8:15 PM***
OMG!! I forgot to add a part to this post that my sister Brunetta had hilariously added on her post. You'll find it HERE! (It's good stuff, that's all I gotta say!) ;)

~ZZ

1 Reflections:

delmer 6:41 PM, July 20, 2008  

Congrats on getting the ride in. The back has kept me off the bike for two weeks.

I'm better now, but the doc asked me to stay off until I see him tomorrow.

As for the geese ... when I get too close they hiss at me.

My Hikes in the Adirondacks

Search Greeneyezz Reflections

Loading

ZZ's Twit Videos

Summit of Mount Jo 9/24/10 A few friends were worried about me. They were worried about me hiking Mount Jo by myself, so I took this video to show how many people were around that day if I needed assistance. I even chatted with several and had a few people share a glass of wine with me at the summit. :) Mount Jo. 9/24/10 After the crowd left This is what the summit looked like... with no people on it. In the previous video I took, I showed all the people who had made this same hike to her summit.
© 2006 - 2010 Greeneyezz Reflections
© 2006 - 2010 Greeneyezz Reflections

   Ourblogtemplates.com (Modifications by Greeneyezz) Blah Blah Don't Steal My Stuff Blah Blah Bl...

Back to TOP