Blog Widget by LinkWithin
"The soul that can speak through the eyes, can also kiss with a gaze."
~Gustav Adolfo Becquer

The 7th Side

>> Saturday, August 09, 2008

A masquerade of emotions.
Wants, desires. Hopes and Successes.
With a sprinkling of broken dreams thrown in.
Personal failures that continue to gnaw -
Our essence.
And carefully bound with self-woven thread.
Hidden from all that you meet.

Barring the one,
peering back from the mirror,
Who gets to see these?
In the deafening silence. The tick-tock of time,
Who becomes privy?
To such intimacy, at times both raw and sublime?

To All the World, they see (you show) the outside of you. A mask that boldly says, "This is me!!"
Almost like a figure of a box, drawn on paper, Two Dimensional at best.
Very few, according to you, have reached for the lid,
carefully lifting it, and with caring eyes,
peer inside.

"People like you, from what I perceive, are beautiful enough
to look on the inside."

This echos through my bones.
And haunts my very soul.

I cry myself to sleep wondering,
Why you couldn't reach for my own box lid,
Like I with you,
and gently peer inside.
Genesis 1:28
And also be, of the very few
That was privy to see The 7th Side.

© 2008 Greeneyezz
-------------------------------------

*Posted first at The Midnight Wanderers here.

1 Reflections:

Speedcat Hollydale 11:25 PM, August 17, 2008  

Awesome!

Thanks again ... happy week to you :)

Speedy

My Hikes in the Adirondacks

Search Greeneyezz Reflections

Loading

ZZ's Twit Videos

Summit of Mount Jo 9/24/10 A few friends were worried about me. They were worried about me hiking Mount Jo by myself, so I took this video to show how many people were around that day if I needed assistance. I even chatted with several and had a few people share a glass of wine with me at the summit. :) Mount Jo. 9/24/10 After the crowd left This is what the summit looked like... with no people on it. In the previous video I took, I showed all the people who had made this same hike to her summit.
© 2006 - 2010 Greeneyezz Reflections
© 2006 - 2010 Greeneyezz Reflections

   Ourblogtemplates.com (Modifications by Greeneyezz) Blah Blah Don't Steal My Stuff Blah Blah Bl...

Back to TOP