Blog Widget by LinkWithin
"The soul that can speak through the eyes, can also kiss with a gaze."
~Gustav Adolfo Becquer

A 'Teaser' of my weekend!

>> Monday, October 20, 2008

This was my weekend!
We are on the summit of Ampersand Mountain in the Adirondack High Peak Region.
However, being that I am exhausted from a weekend of Mountain climbing, late night cocktails, and early morning risings, I'm too tired to put together any kind of meaningful post at this point. I just thought I'd give you a *teaser* as to the vista I had witnessed, and unfortunately, even this picture doesn't do the view justice!

A more thorough post with some incredible photos will be coming.
In the meantime, I've off to bed for the night.

Sweet Dreams! :)

© 2008 Greeneyezz

10 Reflections:

It's me! 2:48 AM, October 21, 2008  

Nice picture! And is that ice?? I see you have winter coats on, I bet the nites were especially cool? Any snow? :)

Nellioness 6:03 AM, October 21, 2008  

Helllllo dear! :)

I'm glad to be here again. Your blog looks amazing, indeed.

Great photo! I’m so glad you had such a reallllly fun weekend!! Good for you!

Wishing you the best, always!

Warmly,
Nell

delmer 12:17 PM, October 21, 2008  

Most of my weekend was spent in a recliner wondering what was keeping my head from exploding.

Your weekend looks a lot more fulfilling.

John 4:03 PM, October 22, 2008  

That's beautiful Donna! Sounds like a good weekend. : )

Rolando 11:50 PM, October 22, 2008  

Oh this is where you were. You even posted some pics from your Twitter. I didn't get the invite and I just bought some hiking boots too.

Glad you had a great time! Looks like a cool place.

The Uneasy Supplicant 6:27 AM, October 23, 2008  

Looks like you had a great time. Did you hike to the summit or use lines and such? From what I could see it looks like a great place to climb :-)
~JD

confused 8:33 PM, October 24, 2008  

mountain air and cocktails will do that to you..:)))

I speak from experience..looking forward to the pics..:)

hello haha narf 10:37 PM, October 25, 2008  

oh man, that looks spectacular! me only mostly jealous.
:)
glad you enjoyed!

Greeneyezz 9:51 AM, October 26, 2008  

Gwen - It actually was pretty nice in the 'Dacks, considering it was the mountians late October.
'Layering' is definitely the way to go. When I had first started, I had three layers on that I eventually shed as I got warm from climbing. Once at the top, it's naturally colder, and because I wasn't moving around as much, the layers went back on.
Samething when when we returned.
No ice, though there were a few spots where their was frost on the leaves on the ground.

Nell - OMG! Great to see you! And great to see that you've started to write again. :)

Delmer - Head exploding? You have allergies?? That's too bad.
It was a nice time.

John - Thanks! It was a great time. (I'm tired though!) ;) Perfect time to toast some marshmallows too. ;)~

Rolando - You bought hiking boots? Are you planning on using them or are they just for show? :)
And I most certainly would have invited you! (Don't know how thin your California Blood might be, so you'd have to bring a few extra layers! :)

JD - A nice time indeed. Just not long enough. No use of lines or ropes. (I tend to stay away from trails with that.) There really isn't any need for Scrambling either, as there was only a couple real steep spots, but still accessible just with a good pair of hiking boots. :) And yes, a Beautiful place to climb.

Robert - Mountain air. It was crisp, no doubt. And as far as cocktails?...I made a kick ass batch of Steaming Hot cinnamon-spiced Apple Cider with a Very generous amount of Captain Morgan's Spiced Rum, With a Cinnamon-Stick Stirrer too! Those were perfect to warm ya up. Between the mountain climbing, the crisp mountain air, and those steaming toddies and some of your Canadian Blue Lights, I slept hard! ;)
You speak from experience?? The drinking or the hiking?
Or both!? ;)~~

Becky - Thanks for stopping by Lovely lady with the neat magnets! ;)

Speedcat Hollydale 1:17 PM, November 29, 2008  

THAT's the one!

If I could onkly climb into this picture and take in the breezes ....

My Hikes in the Adirondacks

Search Greeneyezz Reflections

Loading

ZZ's Twit Videos

Summit of Mount Jo 9/24/10 A few friends were worried about me. They were worried about me hiking Mount Jo by myself, so I took this video to show how many people were around that day if I needed assistance. I even chatted with several and had a few people share a glass of wine with me at the summit. :) Mount Jo. 9/24/10 After the crowd left This is what the summit looked like... with no people on it. In the previous video I took, I showed all the people who had made this same hike to her summit.
© 2006 - 2010 Greeneyezz Reflections
© 2006 - 2010 Greeneyezz Reflections

   Ourblogtemplates.com (Modifications by Greeneyezz) Blah Blah Don't Steal My Stuff Blah Blah Bl...

Back to TOP