Blog Widget by LinkWithin
"The soul that can speak through the eyes, can also kiss with a gaze."
~Gustav Adolfo Becquer

With Your Guidance

>> Tuesday, October 14, 2008

I make my way down this quiet sidewalk.
Every step of my way, I'm guided by you.
Those strong arms of yours
reach from such a distance though envelops me completely.
Protecting me with your celestial powers.

I round the corner.
For a moment I thought I lost you.
But there you were,
Ever present.
You were just playing
peek-a-boo with me through that huge oak tree.

I see you.

Your golden limbs
reach down and grazes each blade of grass I walk through
In awe I turn my face up
and feel you caress my cheek.
I'm engulfed by you.
Illuminated.

Under your protection.
I make it home.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Footnote:
The above photo was taken by me at approximately 8:24 PM October 14, 2008. It is an unretouched photo of the Hunter Moon.
There are alternate names for each moon with in a month. This full moon is called The Hunter's Moon. This moon follows the Harvest Moon, is essentially the first full moon that is closest to the Autumn Equinox that occurred on September 22. Both the Harvest Moon and the Hunter Moon are seen as special due to both moons 'appearing' much brighter, larger and lower hanging than the other 10 moons within the year. Though they aren't any different in size or brightness, they are unique due to both of them rising about a half hour earlier than what's typical Moon-rise time. This provides more light for a longer period of time. This 'additional light' was used by farmers to pick their crops and by men to hunt for food. Hence, the names Harvest Moon and Hunter's Moon.

© 2008 Greeneyezz

7 Reflections:

hello haha narf 10:47 AM, October 15, 2008  

holy fuck is that photo spectacular. great job, pretty lady.

loved the post as well. i play peek a boo with the moon all the time. hehe. when i was little i tried climbing trees because i wanted to touch the huge, full moon. silly kid i was. :)

It's me! 3:58 PM, October 15, 2008  

Nice picture! It was great how it lit up the sky, wasn't it? :)

GingerSnaps 4:16 PM, October 15, 2008  

Wow, that is an amazing photo! Loved the poem, as well!

Speedcat Hollydale 6:53 PM, October 15, 2008  

What a super post ZZ ... the words flow along with the glow and shadows beemed from above.

.... why do I feel like howling???

I remember playing golf by moonlight once. It was like the entire course was lit up. No farming or hunting yet :-)

Great to see you on Twitter. Hope you are having a super week.
Eric

confused 8:15 PM, October 15, 2008  

beautiful shot... moon is for lovers.. for they see the same beam of light..:)))

Greeneyezz 10:07 AM, October 16, 2008  

Hello - Why thank you Swee'pea! I thought the moon was incredible!
Ahhh, it's not *just* the moon
you play Peek-a-boo with! I'm thinking of your Thursdays Posts! HA!
;)

It's me - thank you! I still can't get over how bright it all seemed.

Gingersnaps - Hey! Nice to see your font here! And thank you for your kind comment. :)

Eric - Awww, you're a doll. Thank you for such a warm comment.
And it's nice to see you on twitter too! It's nice to be able to quickly get caught up with eachother.

And you feel like howling?? lol
By all means, let that animal in you out a bit. Grrrrrowl. ;)


Robert - Thank you! I love that you are even poetic in your comments. :)
Yes, I do agree with you, lovers do share that same beam of light.
:)

~ZZ

pete 6:56 PM, November 02, 2008  

Wow, I could never figure out how to capture a full moon like that. Not sure how to capture something so bright against the dark sky. Great shot.

My Hikes in the Adirondacks

Search Greeneyezz Reflections

Loading

ZZ's Twit Videos

Summit of Mount Jo 9/24/10 A few friends were worried about me. They were worried about me hiking Mount Jo by myself, so I took this video to show how many people were around that day if I needed assistance. I even chatted with several and had a few people share a glass of wine with me at the summit. :) Mount Jo. 9/24/10 After the crowd left This is what the summit looked like... with no people on it. In the previous video I took, I showed all the people who had made this same hike to her summit.
© 2006 - 2010 Greeneyezz Reflections
© 2006 - 2010 Greeneyezz Reflections

   Ourblogtemplates.com (Modifications by Greeneyezz) Blah Blah Don't Steal My Stuff Blah Blah Bl...

Back to TOP