Blog Widget by LinkWithin
"The soul that can speak through the eyes, can also kiss with a gaze."
~Gustav Adolfo Becquer

The Prelude, by Oriah (Audio)

>> Saturday, November 29, 2008

Oriah Mountain Dreamer is one of my favorite poets and speakers. I have posted not only her other poems here, but also this one.
The difference being that I personally recite it here.

Listen to her words.
Hear them.
Be inspired by them.
Let her words make you think.
Let her questions move you
beyond the confines of your own limited perceptions.
Hear her.







© 2008 Greeneyezz

6 Reflections:

Dragon Blogger 1:03 PM, November 29, 2008  

Thanks for visiting my blog and posting about the black friday, talk to me on twitter anytime @dragonblogger, also I have my own poetry blog, would love your feedback on sometime.

Speedcat Hollydale 1:07 PM, November 29, 2008  

Seems the key word may be passion. Not in a romantic term, but what eminates from the core of our souls, and whether outward flow is allowed, or contained in the shell surrounding our minds.
Invisible barriers are often much stronger than tangible ones ... although you can do miracles by simply opening your eyes and directing focus to within. Passion is never found looking strait ahead.

confused 3:56 PM, November 29, 2008  

wise words both from the poet and young Speedy

Greeneyezz 5:10 PM, November 29, 2008  

Justin - You're welcome. It's a good post. :)

Eric - Your Entire response is sooo Spot on! And so very well said!
This one statement rings soo true and is so elegantly stated:
"what eminates from the core of our souls, and whether outward flow is allowed, or contained in the shell surrounding our minds."
Good Stuff.

Robert - Yes, wise words indeed. From both. And I had even said as much earlier to 'young' Speedy. *giggles in Speedy's direction* :)
I lover Oriah's writings. She's an incredible poet and writer.

~ZZ

Speedcat Hollydale 5:16 PM, November 29, 2008  

My mind is 25 .... :-)

Greeneyezz 5:30 PM, November 29, 2008  

@Speedcat - HAAAA!

Yes....Your mind is 25.

What they neglected to tell us though is that it's our 'Bodies' that seem to just *know* that we are over 40....regardless of what our minds *want* us to think! HA! :)

~ZZ

My Hikes in the Adirondacks

Search Greeneyezz Reflections

Loading

ZZ's Twit Videos

Summit of Mount Jo 9/24/10 A few friends were worried about me. They were worried about me hiking Mount Jo by myself, so I took this video to show how many people were around that day if I needed assistance. I even chatted with several and had a few people share a glass of wine with me at the summit. :) Mount Jo. 9/24/10 After the crowd left This is what the summit looked like... with no people on it. In the previous video I took, I showed all the people who had made this same hike to her summit.
© 2006 - 2010 Greeneyezz Reflections
© 2006 - 2010 Greeneyezz Reflections

   Ourblogtemplates.com (Modifications by Greeneyezz) Blah Blah Don't Steal My Stuff Blah Blah Bl...

Back to TOP