Blog Widget by LinkWithin
"The soul that can speak through the eyes, can also kiss with a gaze."
~Gustav Adolfo Becquer

A Christmas Gift to Myself

>> Saturday, December 06, 2008



Well, I took the plunge into DSLRs.
About time, huh?
I ended up with the Base Model of a Canon Rebel XS Which came with a standard EF-S 18-55 IS Lens. I had also purchased, with a $100 Discount, the EF 75-300 mm f/4-5.6 III Telephoto zoom lens.

I'm pretty excited to learn how to use this and I thank my friend R. in helping me. I believe I promised him a homemade dinner if he'll spend some time with me and this camera.
At some point I'd like to get a nice Macro Lens as well as get into some
high speed photography.
Photos like the one below make my mouth water.


If you'd like to see more incredible Liquid Art Droplet Photography, please check out Dark Roasted Blend.

(I think the addiction has just begun.)

© 2008 Greeneyezz

11 Reflections:

Mary 8:05 PM, December 06, 2008  

Wow, that is one beautiful camera! Congratulations!

Speedcat Hollydale 8:10 PM, December 06, 2008  

Sweet ... I am sure you will have no regrets about this purchase.

Please let me know when you have some new shots - your photography has been terrific in the past. I can't wait to see what you come up with in the future princess. ((wink and a smile))

hello haha narf 10:47 PM, December 06, 2008  

i broke down and dropped $500 on a lovely nikkon digital camera two years ago. kicking myself in the ass today.

yay, you for such a phenomenal gift to you. enjoy!!

becky

Fosterdad 11:52 PM, December 06, 2008  

wooohooo...very nice! ***wondering if now I'll see that shot from the end of the lake? hmmm lol

Greeneyezz 8:15 AM, December 07, 2008  

Mary - Thanks! I've been wanting one for a quite a while now.
Annnnd.....when are you coming back to yada? Your daughter has also taken 'the plunge'? :)

Eric - No Regrets! :)
It'll be fun taking photos with this. There really is so much to learn...And soo many other lenses I know I'm going to want. (Damn expensive hobby!) :)

Becky - Hello Beautiful stranger! Nice to see your font. :)
I'm assuming from the 'ass-kicking' you mean it isn't an SLR?? Even if it's not, I bet your Nikon takes some wonderful photos. I know that I'm very pleased with my Canon Powershot SX100. All the photos in my 'photo blog' were taken with it. I'm sure you've also taken some real nice ones too. :) Do you like your Nikon?

FD - Wow....Good to see you again! :) That's funny you mention that Lake shot. R. and I were just discussing that when we were out. I need a wide angle for that one. $$ I can see this costing me lots! :)

confused 11:15 AM, December 07, 2008  

nice camera..well out my range of expertise which is limited to something with one button point and click..:)

hello haha narf 11:26 AM, December 07, 2008  

yep, kicking myself because it is not a dslr. i purchased a nikon coolpix p4 (vibration reduction, 8.1 megapixels, 3.5x optical zoom). granted, most of my issues are user issues, but still!

Kim 8:15 AM, December 08, 2008  

Nice. I'll trade you my Kodak Easyshare for it. ;-)

Mary 7:34 AM, December 10, 2008  

No, thanks,ZZ. I see they're still banning people for no apparent reason. Can't take the aggravation. :-(

Greeneyezz 7:55 AM, December 10, 2008  

Like Me right now????

*cheeks pinken slightly*

Yes...I've just been banned too, and *both* of my nicknames too so I know they're doing an IP ban.

I just left an email with Gabe about it as she was banned too...and for the same thing.

They is someone (probably a relative) that doesn't anyone discussing the Erin Maxwell Murder. And anyone who tries, their posts are removed. And I have further learned...if one tries more than one time (OK..Twice!) :) to discuss what has already been all over the news, then someone is asking for the nick to be banned...and the Damn Moderator is doing it! grrrr.

Anyway....you won't me seeing my lovely font for a day or two now!

~TroubleMakerZZ

delmer 8:18 PM, December 12, 2008  

I come to suspect my Nikon Coolpix runs on Windows ... I swear it's getting slower and slower the older it gets. I'll take a picture and have to wait (what feels like) minutes before I can take the next.

Congratulations on the new purchase.

My Hikes in the Adirondacks

Search Greeneyezz Reflections

Loading

ZZ's Twit Videos

Summit of Mount Jo 9/24/10 A few friends were worried about me. They were worried about me hiking Mount Jo by myself, so I took this video to show how many people were around that day if I needed assistance. I even chatted with several and had a few people share a glass of wine with me at the summit. :) Mount Jo. 9/24/10 After the crowd left This is what the summit looked like... with no people on it. In the previous video I took, I showed all the people who had made this same hike to her summit.
© 2006 - 2010 Greeneyezz Reflections
© 2006 - 2010 Greeneyezz Reflections

   Ourblogtemplates.com (Modifications by Greeneyezz) Blah Blah Don't Steal My Stuff Blah Blah Bl...

Back to TOP