Blog Widget by LinkWithin
"The soul that can speak through the eyes, can also kiss with a gaze."
~Gustav Adolfo Becquer

From My 16-Year-old Self

>> Monday, December 01, 2008

An Audio Post from Moi.
Enjoy!! :)





He was my very first dancing partner.




The Christmas Season is a time for being together
having everyone close
people you have known forever.

This Christmas, like last year
makes me both happy and sad.
Knowing my family is here and close.
With everyone except my Dad.
It's not the same as it was before
When Christmas Day was spent together
with love and presents galore.

He would take pictures of each of us,
as one by one we opened a gift.
It amazes me how far back
my mind can still drift.
As he opened his gift from us
Love sparkled in his eyes
He always liked what we gave him
even if it was the wrong size.

After all the gifts were opened
We'd settle down to a feast mom had made
All these details I still remember
I know will never fade.
When everyone was set
and ready to eat,
Dad would say, "There's something we musn't forget."
We would all look up to his tender face
And would remember all at once
We forgot to say Grace.
Everyone would bow their heads
As Gary would lead the prayer
Everyone around the table
filled so much with Love and Care.

When Dinner was finnished
And everyone was stuffed,
You could then smell sweet tobacco
from the pipe that Dad had puffed.
The table would be cleared
and everything put away
I hope in the future
These memories will always stay.

Yes, Christmas makes me happy
As I smile through a tear,
I'll always remember my father
as someone sweet and dear.
I know Christmas will never be the same
as it had been in the past.
But the joy of caring and loving him,
I know will always last.

(Merry Christmas Dad.)

~ December 1, 1980

© 2008 Greeneyezz

10 Reflections:

It's you know who! 6:22 AM, December 01, 2008  

That was very beautiful! :)

Olga, the Traveling Bra 10:44 AM, December 01, 2008  

What a wonderful, heartfelt and moving tribute to your Dad! Nice to hear your voice too! Merry Christmas!

confused 6:56 PM, December 01, 2008  

hold on to the memories they are like priceless jewels..

delmer 7:32 PM, December 02, 2008  

Very sweet.

Speedcat Hollydale 11:03 PM, December 02, 2008  

I am listening to you right now ... :-)

be back

Greeneyezz 11:06 PM, December 02, 2008  

Well hello there Speedy!

How do I sound??

Personally I think I had too many 'umms' in there. (Filler)

;)

Speedcat Hollydale 11:12 PM, December 02, 2008  

Well done ... in 1980, and now.

I have similar feelings with the holidays. I remember my once "big family", and the avalance of love that would pour onto me as a child.
Our Christmas is now much smaller, and I miss those I have lost, yet there are new miracles in my life as well.
Life is really a cycle of re-birth in so many ways.

Big Hug, and a wish of a bright holiday to you ... thanks for sharing this with us.

Eric

Speedcat Hollydale 11:14 PM, December 02, 2008  

.. not to many ummmss!

You have a very appealing voice to hear aloud. I think it was excellent!

Greeneyezz 10:26 PM, December 03, 2008  

You know who - Thanks! :)

Olga - Thank you! That was sweet of you. And Merry Christmas to you too! :)

Robert - I will. Yes they are Priceless jewels. :)

Delmer - Thanks! :)

Eric - Not too many umms, huh? Good! :)
And my own voice always sounds odd to me. Odd to hear it played back.

Anonymous 1:01 PM, March 20, 2009  

I still smell the pipe smoke.
Well done Greeneyezz.
Brother G

My Hikes in the Adirondacks

Search Greeneyezz Reflections

Loading

ZZ's Twit Videos

Summit of Mount Jo 9/24/10 A few friends were worried about me. They were worried about me hiking Mount Jo by myself, so I took this video to show how many people were around that day if I needed assistance. I even chatted with several and had a few people share a glass of wine with me at the summit. :) Mount Jo. 9/24/10 After the crowd left This is what the summit looked like... with no people on it. In the previous video I took, I showed all the people who had made this same hike to her summit.
© 2006 - 2010 Greeneyezz Reflections
© 2006 - 2010 Greeneyezz Reflections

   Ourblogtemplates.com (Modifications by Greeneyezz) Blah Blah Don't Steal My Stuff Blah Blah Bl...

Back to TOP