Blog Widget by LinkWithin
"The soul that can speak through the eyes, can also kiss with a gaze."
~Gustav Adolfo Becquer

Gentlemen -
This is a Public Service Announcement!

>> Friday, December 12, 2008

I had actually posted this on a different site. A gentleman co-worker had sent it to me and I've been LMAO ever since!

And before you read any further (and spoil it for yourselves) Please go to the link and watch.
After you finish, *then* come back here and read the rest.

The Dog house

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
OK, all set?? Funny stuff, huh??? Gentlemen, you *are* laughing, yes??
Don't you worry, I'm setting up 'equal' time here.
:)

A quick funny story first. Years ago, I worked the holiday season at Kay Jeweler's in Carousel Mall, for a few Christmas seasons. Kays will often run a holiday special...something like a diamond and Ruby Heart pendant for like $99. I don't know about you, but many men *I* know, often wait until the last 3 days before Christmas to do their shopping. These men would come into Kays, expecting that deal, that had been sold out.......3 weeks prior!

The way they came in was hilarious too. They all looked like zombies, dead from shopping all day and then looked totally despondent when told there were no more 'specials'. They were beaten down, lifeless with their Spirit Broken. I swear...their eyes were Spiral-like, they were shell-shocked.
And on Christmas Eve, it was typical for there to be anywhere from 20 - 50 men, all men, and ONLY MEN in that store....
And every single last one of them were all looking Traumatized.
And because they feared the dreaded 'dog house', they would often end up shelling out much Much more money on a much larger diamond....
All because they didn't start their shopping until then.

Anyway....So I get that video from one of the men I work with. I post it, thinking I'd get a lot of smart ass comments from the gentlemen in this forum.
It was pretty quiet. Ooops! :) What were they thinking!?!
I did get one rather humorous comment that went like this:

It was about 3 weeks before our first wedding anniversary,back
in '83 and my wife had commented that she needed a new vacuum
cleaner.....so....WTF....I thought she was dropping a hint. I got her one of
those Hoover Deluxe models with 2 crates of attachments. To say that she was
surprised would be a gross understatement!!!!! But,in honesty,over the years I
have "surprised" her with...a snow shovel(try and wrap a snow shovel
someday).....a lawn mower....a portable drill. Now it's Christmas time and after
26 years of marriage I'm kind of at a loss as to what to get her,especially
since the Bob's True Value down the street has closed.
He was thanking me for the memory. :)

Anyway, to make this a bit more even, when watching this, I had been reminded of a post by Moooooog35. I had come across his blog sometime last year and unfortunately, do not visit it as regularly as I really should. He cracks me up.
A bit of info that you should know...he often uses head shots of Brad Pitt when showing himself, and Angelina Jolie as his wife. He's pretty good with photoshop, but his specialty is most definitely twisted and sick humor. So if you are easily offended, he's not for you.
However, if you've watched the above video, you'll quickly understand why Mooooog and this particular post comes to mind.
(It also makes a great 'counterpart' response.)

Mental Poo's.... "You say Thank you"

So, I hope everyone has a Fantabulous Holiday and no one ends up either in the Dog house or under the wheel of a Convertible! :)


~Enjoy!
© 2008 Greeneyezz

6 Reflections:

confused 10:41 AM, December 13, 2008  

jeez it was nice to see some old friends in that video..:))))
I haven't been there in awhile..but you never know what the future holds..:)))))))

kapgar 9:25 AM, December 14, 2008  

Funny. I worked retail long enough to know never to wait until last second for a gift unless I have several options. My wife would slaughter me. As for power tools or anything utilitarian as a gift, hell no! There was actually one year I was going to buy her a purse but thought that even that was too utilitarian a gift and checked with a female classmate of mine prior to buying it just to make sure. She said I was pretty safe. And I was. Just a few things you pick up on being married. ;-)

Rolando 9:28 PM, December 14, 2008  

I'm not that bad fortunately. I got my wife her present last week. It's not the most creative but at least I didn't come home empty handed, lol

Greeneyezz 7:43 AM, December 15, 2008  

Robert - Ya saw some old friends, huh? :) I would be a bit surprised if I ever heard that you ended up in the dog house.

Kapgar - It is funny watching that in action. I too don't think a nice purse is too utiliarian, at all. It's fashion! :)

Rolando - And you found it weeks before Christmas too! :)


Gee Gentlemen...I would have thought someone...*anyone* would have commented about Mooog's Thank you post! I wanted to give 'Equal' time here as I had no desire to tick off one gender or the other.
I laughed at both the Doghouse one and Moog's conversation with his wife. :)

~ZZ

moooooog35 10:02 AM, December 15, 2008  

Hey Greeneyezz...

...wow...that's taking me back.

I need to have this conversation with my wife again.

I mean, it IS almost Christmas...the time of GIVING and all.

Brent Diggs 7:12 PM, December 16, 2008  

They've definitely remodeled the doghouse since I've last been there.

My Hikes in the Adirondacks

Search Greeneyezz Reflections

Loading

ZZ's Twit Videos

Summit of Mount Jo 9/24/10 A few friends were worried about me. They were worried about me hiking Mount Jo by myself, so I took this video to show how many people were around that day if I needed assistance. I even chatted with several and had a few people share a glass of wine with me at the summit. :) Mount Jo. 9/24/10 After the crowd left This is what the summit looked like... with no people on it. In the previous video I took, I showed all the people who had made this same hike to her summit.
© 2006 - 2010 Greeneyezz Reflections
© 2006 - 2010 Greeneyezz Reflections

   Ourblogtemplates.com (Modifications by Greeneyezz) Blah Blah Don't Steal My Stuff Blah Blah Bl...

Back to TOP