Blog Widget by LinkWithin
"The soul that can speak through the eyes, can also kiss with a gaze."
~Gustav Adolfo Becquer

"Ode To A Woman's Dream Night Out"

>> Sunday, March 08, 2009

There's something about being with old friends and out with them dancing to a really Really Great Band that somehow makes everything ok.
I did just that last night with some of the best group of friends a girl could have. Went to see Atlas at Mac's Bad Art Bar. Atlas has been around for a long time, with now only one original member left. Those local to me may remember when they used to be called Atlas Linen and often played at Soo-lins. Who doesn't remember Soo-Lins? Reaching back in my youth, I clearly remember spending a lot of time there when I was 18 years old, swaying my hips and tapping my toes to some wonderful music like Atlas or even Ronnie Lee & Alliance.
Of course that was all before the owner was busted for drugs and sent to jail. Then it was Buh-Bye Soo-Lins.
Anyway, Atlas is an 8 person brass heavy local band who has earned their reputation for being very popular, at least with those who clearly remember the 70's and 80's. Though not original music, their play-list offers a wide variety of toe tapping to downright hip gyrating music. They've earned their keep with Jim Boeheim, Head Coach for Syracuse University's Basketball Team, as Boeheim and his lovely wife chose them to play at their wedding.


So, I wake up this morning to find the below 'Ode', written by one of my friends who was with me last night. It's very applicable to the evening, right down to the pole-dancing as described in the second stanza. And I even laughed due to some strange guy who was dancing with me, who apparently was doing an old dance called 'The Roving Hands'. And my friend Tina the the others had been pretty creative to form a 'wall' that quickly separated him from me. I think this was a safety precaution. For him. As I was quickly thinking of how to separate his hands from the rest of his body. But us girls knew we were in safe hands with our three gentlemen friends. A girl can never underestimate the power of three protective gentlemen friends with their swift suave ability to effectively dish out the 'ole Malachi Crunch'!

Anyway, to the "Unknown Poet", *MWAW* Big kisses to you! Thanks for the very creative words. And Thanks to you and everyone else for the great night!
Your 'Ode' is now being immortalized for ever! :)


Ode to A Woman's Dream Night Out

Twas the night of daylight savings time
and all through the club,
there were middle age white men
looking for a cheap rub

I went to the club early
my front position was pole
I was feelin' dam sexy
because that's how I roll

The plans were set early
worked hours on my hair,
but only to feel later
like I was mauled by a bear

My hips caressed with fondness
with like, and despair,
I said to myself
do it one more time if you deadly do dare

Maybe it was my perfume
my style, my grace,
but if he brushes me again
I'm gonna punch him in the face

I was really not that upset
however, I will dot that eye,
he just couldn't help himself
he even came back for a second and third drive-by

I don't blame him
he was in a trance stupor
he just couldn't deny
this sexy ass pooper

It was no better on the the dance floor
there were drunken zombies everywhere,
but luckily for me
I had a nice pair

It's not what you think
I had to three chaperones, with one on each side,
they boxed me in
so my grind would not be denied

The dance floor was crowded
everyone was in a bunch
luckily three gentlemen can help me
by dishing out the 'ol "Malachi Crunch"

I moved and grooved to the sounds
with protective men on alert
to keep from encountering
the likes of Ernie and Burt

Whitney Houston has a bodyguard
and I've got me three thugs
to make sure I'm safe
when I cut up that rug

Atlas played on
they even played Brick House,
their silky soul horn section
made me wet my blouse

Forgotten were the riff raff
and all the tedious preparation,
a night like this
I needed with desperation

I laughed, I told stories
Shaked my ass with delight,
Home after 2:00am
what a great night

Today is Sunday
and out of my bed I creep
as I just realized
I missed a hour of sleep

Dam it, oh crap
how's a woman to get by
just think of last night
and that wonderful dancing high

~The Unknown Poet

© 2009 Greeneyezz

4 Reflections:

Awake In Rochester 9:45 PM, March 08, 2009  

I'm glad that you had a good time in spite of Roving Hands man. It was wise of you to go in a group. Should I make some coffee for you. ;)

That poem was great! LOL!

It's you know who! 9:02 AM, March 10, 2009  

lol nice poem!

Ricardo 3:38 PM, March 10, 2009  

Sounds like you had a great time. And sadly all the wonderful party places seem to close because of some bust. It sucks.

Too bad you didn't have the dancing guy on video to post here. That's gold!

Speedcat Hollydale 7:59 PM, March 12, 2009  

" The dance floor was crowded
everyone was in a bunch
luckily three gentlemen can help me
by dishing out the 'ol Malachi Crunch
"

Love that !!!!

My Hikes in the Adirondacks

Search Greeneyezz Reflections

Loading

ZZ's Twit Videos

Summit of Mount Jo 9/24/10 A few friends were worried about me. They were worried about me hiking Mount Jo by myself, so I took this video to show how many people were around that day if I needed assistance. I even chatted with several and had a few people share a glass of wine with me at the summit. :) Mount Jo. 9/24/10 After the crowd left This is what the summit looked like... with no people on it. In the previous video I took, I showed all the people who had made this same hike to her summit.
© 2006 - 2010 Greeneyezz Reflections
© 2006 - 2010 Greeneyezz Reflections

   Ourblogtemplates.com (Modifications by Greeneyezz) Blah Blah Don't Steal My Stuff Blah Blah Bl...

Back to TOP