Blog Widget by LinkWithin
"The soul that can speak through the eyes, can also kiss with a gaze."
~Gustav Adolfo Becquer

Today's Ponderings..

>> Thursday, May 07, 2009

..Brought to you by Boo.

Boo had presented this pondering earlier and really liked it so I'm including it here, along with my response:

If there was another "you" in this world, do you think you could be friends with that person?


I think there's a mixture of things.

Some, I would be thankful to find in another, others... well, maybe not so much. :)

I would be intrigued and drawn to the creative, philosophical side of me. And I can appreciate the quick Witt as well. I also know that I need my space too at times, so that would fit well with me.

On the other hand, I know I certainly couldn't deal with my PMS Moodiness, so I have a serious appreciation for *any* male with that much patience.

Seriously.

I've never really been attracted to someone who tends to be very gregarious and outspoken, like I know I can be at times. This is one aspect and trait I've frequently mulled over through out the years. It almost has a flavor of 'Opposites attract' in some ways but not all. I've come to really appreciate the 'grounding', 'keeping both feet on the earth' kind of effect that someone 'opposite of me' has. But, that's not to be confused with 'too laid back', because while I'm more attracted to those who tend to be 'quieter' ;) they are also Mentally Strong and able to challenge me too.

So, to answer your question....Yes, I would like someone who was like me in some regards...



..They would just have to live someplace else for a few days each month.

;)

What about you? How would you answer this Question?


© 2009 Greeneyezz

5 Reflections:

Brent Diggs 10:36 PM, May 07, 2009  

I admire your patience with yourself. I don't think I could stand a second me at all for any length of time.

One is almost too many as it is.

Kim 9:27 AM, May 08, 2009  

I like myself and enjoy my own company (I'm able to deal nicely when I'm alone), so yes, I could easily be friends with myself. :-)

Anonymous 3:43 PM, May 08, 2009  

here's another:

What would the child you were... think of the person you've become?!

John 7:16 PM, May 23, 2009  

I love this question. : )) It's one I've given some indirect thought to, though I've thought more about "variations" of it. SOMEBODY exactly like me...would I like him.

I don't know if I would or not.

If I could observe a clone of myself, it would certainly help me recognize the things that I'm not perceptive enough or objective enough to see now. We all see ourselves differently than the rest of the world sees us. It would be great to have that powerful insight; that superconscious mirror to help us tweak ourselves (or perhaps, radically change ourselves) more to our liking.

Would I like everybody to be like me? ABSOLUTELY NOT.

The other sort of OPPOSITE question that I think about is what would it be like to inhabit somebody else's life for a day or a week? To have another person's knowledge...talent...life experiences, memories, biology - ALL for better or worse? And then to come back to your own body and your own life but be able to remember exactly what it was like to be that other person. I imagine if we were able to do such a thing, our perspective would be unimaginably different and much more enlightened.

livintheblues 12:55 PM, March 02, 2011  

after some deep thought on the subject just thinking of the prospect has put me in need of therapy..a shower with a greeneyed lady with a tattoo with some coffee and Bailey's would do the trick...:)))

My Hikes in the Adirondacks

Search Greeneyezz Reflections

Loading

ZZ's Twit Videos

Summit of Mount Jo 9/24/10 A few friends were worried about me. They were worried about me hiking Mount Jo by myself, so I took this video to show how many people were around that day if I needed assistance. I even chatted with several and had a few people share a glass of wine with me at the summit. :) Mount Jo. 9/24/10 After the crowd left This is what the summit looked like... with no people on it. In the previous video I took, I showed all the people who had made this same hike to her summit.
© 2006 - 2010 Greeneyezz Reflections
© 2006 - 2010 Greeneyezz Reflections

   Ourblogtemplates.com (Modifications by Greeneyezz) Blah Blah Don't Steal My Stuff Blah Blah Bl...

Back to TOP