Blog Widget by LinkWithin
"The soul that can speak through the eyes, can also kiss with a gaze."
~Gustav Adolfo Becquer

Ever See a "White" Deer??

>> Sunday, June 21, 2009


Mysitical in a way and definitely Rare.

We have White Deer. Real, White Deer!
A local former Army Depot in Seneca County has somehow been the home of these Rare sightings. White deer is not very common in *any* part of the world, though somehow, we have them here. There is a website that gives more information about them here: Seneca White Deer.

According to this website, there is a "White Deer Prophesy". I LOVE the message behind it!!


The White Deer Prophesy is a message of hope and of Creator's love, of redemption and potentiality of peace, cooperation and responsibility. It is often said that we are our own worst enemy, but on the whole we disclaim responsibility to control our actions. Scientists tell us the seas and oceans are dying. We can clearly see the effects of global warming and of the destruction of the ecosystem that sustains life on this planet. We sit upon stockpiles of weapons of mass destruction, enough to kill the population of the earth many times over, and attempt to "shock and awe" each other with heartless displays of violence to get our way.



We call upon God to bless our acts of terror and claim to have Him on our side, and so does the "enemy," whomever they may at the moment be. We are so foolish as to think that happiness can be achieved by owning things, consuming things and destroying things, that insensitivity is strength and greed is a positive motivator. We have the capability to abolish poverty, to put an end to war and create a true heaven on earth, but still we pursue the creation of the opposite.



We Lenape believe that the white deer, as well as the white buffalo, have been sent to us as a "wake up call," a final reminder to "do the right thing" and "get our act together." Now, even the existence of the white deer is threatened by the greed of developers. If we sit by and do nothing, they will be destroyed. If we rally to save them, we begin the process of rallying to save ourselves and all our relations and to preserve a world to pass on to future generations.



Wanishi! (May Your Path Be Beautiful!)
Chief Tom "Big Warrior" Watts
Traditionalist United Eastern Lenape Nation (TUELN)


A very beautiful message indeed.
And I am thankful to have seen them with my own eyes.


***I have photographed the one we came across. Aside from my photo above, you can see a few other pics of this wonderfully rare animal on my photo blog here: ZZ's Photos.***

Enjoy it!
© 2009 Greeneyezz

3 Reflections:

It's you know who! 6:31 AM, June 21, 2009  

nice pictures! funny, i always associated the white deer with the radioactive contamination there...figured it altered their genes, but that story is certainly a nicer way to think of it :)

do you remember all the women's protests that were held there? i remember it, but never participated or anything..

here's an interesting blog, takes a while to load but lots of neat pictures and videos...how times have changed now, somehow i can't imagine this happening now..which is kind of sad..

http://peacecampherstory.blogspot.com/

jenny 8:28 AM, June 22, 2009  

That is so cool! I've never seen (or heard of) a white deer, and I love the mythology behind them. Very cool!

delmer 5:11 PM, July 06, 2009  

We have albino squirrels. I don't know if we have more than one or how rare they are but I keep seeing them (or, just "him") when I ride the bike in the neighborhood. I don't see them in the country.

My Hikes in the Adirondacks

Search Greeneyezz Reflections

Loading

ZZ's Twit Videos

Summit of Mount Jo 9/24/10 A few friends were worried about me. They were worried about me hiking Mount Jo by myself, so I took this video to show how many people were around that day if I needed assistance. I even chatted with several and had a few people share a glass of wine with me at the summit. :) Mount Jo. 9/24/10 After the crowd left This is what the summit looked like... with no people on it. In the previous video I took, I showed all the people who had made this same hike to her summit.
© 2006 - 2010 Greeneyezz Reflections
© 2006 - 2010 Greeneyezz Reflections

   Ourblogtemplates.com (Modifications by Greeneyezz) Blah Blah Don't Steal My Stuff Blah Blah Bl...

Back to TOP