Blog Widget by LinkWithin
"The soul that can speak through the eyes, can also kiss with a gaze."
~Gustav Adolfo Becquer

Seeing the Unseen

>> Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Ya know, There have been times when the internet has been able to bridge gaps in time and space, like no other venue. To reach across the miles, giving the riders of this information highway a rare glimpse of real understanding of the person on the other end of that road. Without this electrical vehicle, some paths between people might not otherwise occur, leaving a wide open vacuum between one's corner of the universe that never touches the other's corner.

Recently, I had a very brief exchange with someone, whom, though I've never met face-to-face, have had hundreds of bytes with. Very recently this gentleman had sent me the below presentation.



I believe it was sent due to Mother's Day Last month and Father's Day just passing. It's a very touching account of caring for children and being rich beyond reason as a result. And there was only one tell-tale written word he had included which gave glimpse of a deeper more symbolic reason for sending me this particular power point demonstration.
Though many people have read my blog, several may have gleaned through my writing enough to determine that I don't have children. And even though several may have deduced this, I am certain there are far fewer who have been able to determine that has been a more tender area of my life. One of the few regrets I have, being a woman in her 40's. Apparently I never learned to juggle the career and family.
Just the career.

Anyway, with a single word, which felt 'weighted' upon reading it, I had responded back, thanking him for it, and sharing just a bit of my regret. What I hadn't counted on was his very genuine and warm response, reflecting a shared poignancy around that.
A very simple exchange that had managed to cut through the many miles of electrical highway to arrive at the same destination: each person having a better understanding of the other.
Very simplistic, yet with substance.

Through a tear, it made me smile.


© 2009 Greeneyezz

2 Reflections:

Fosterdad2 12:05 PM, June 24, 2009  

Words can not describe it any better than that slide show did!

What it doesn't mention is the green poop, the throw up all over your shoulder as your about to leave for work, the "accidents", the accidental breakages, the hormone induced attitudes....ok ok...I guess those aren't all that bad either!

It's you know who! 12:04 PM, June 25, 2009  

though you may not have any of your own, i have no doubt you have (and continue to) touch the hearts of many children..

there can be no nobler cause; that makes you a hero in my book! :)

My Hikes in the Adirondacks

Search Greeneyezz Reflections

Loading

ZZ's Twit Videos

Summit of Mount Jo 9/24/10 A few friends were worried about me. They were worried about me hiking Mount Jo by myself, so I took this video to show how many people were around that day if I needed assistance. I even chatted with several and had a few people share a glass of wine with me at the summit. :) Mount Jo. 9/24/10 After the crowd left This is what the summit looked like... with no people on it. In the previous video I took, I showed all the people who had made this same hike to her summit.
© 2006 - 2010 Greeneyezz Reflections
© 2006 - 2010 Greeneyezz Reflections

   Ourblogtemplates.com (Modifications by Greeneyezz) Blah Blah Don't Steal My Stuff Blah Blah Bl...

Back to TOP