Blog Widget by LinkWithin
"The soul that can speak through the eyes, can also kiss with a gaze."
~Gustav Adolfo Becquer

Heart Lake in the High Peak Region
of The Adirondack Mtns.

>> Friday, January 01, 2010

This was taken while walking along Heart Lake, in the Hub of the High Peak Region of the Adirondacks. It was an incredible day for my two sisters and I to take this hike. It was the end of September and about 65 degrees and sunny the whole day.

(To appreciate details better, please make larger by Right clicking on pic and opening in new tab/window.)

The key is below:

You'll learn much more info about each Mountain by clicking the links below:
Numbers 1, 2, & 3 help to comprise the
MacIntyre Range.
  1. Wright Peak - 4580'
  2. Algonquin Mountain - 5114' (2nd highest peak)
  3. Iroquois Peak - 4840' (just slightly peaking out behind Algonquin's Rt. Shoulder)
  4. Indian Pass
  5. Street Mountain - 4166'
  6. Nye Mountain - 3895' (Still considered a High Peak*)
  7. The shoulder of Mount Jo - 2876' (Not a High Peak*)
* High Peak 46'r


- I will be cross posting the photos on my photoblog.

Lake Placid is just North from here:

View Heart Lake High Peaks Adirondacks NY in a larger map

I would like to thank Colden46 for his knowledge in identifying those peaks for me. It is appreciated. :)
© 2009 Greeneyezz

3 Reflections:

AdkVegan 8:51 PM, January 01, 2010  

Those are really great photos. I'm glad you were able to get some help identifying the peaks! :)

And thanks for visiting my blog!

Speedcat Hollydale 12:46 AM, January 03, 2010  

You ROCK!!!!

Nice work with this post and photos. They look perfect :)

Greeneyezz 1:12 AM, January 03, 2010  

AdkVegan - Thanks. I still have a little work to do on the main photo... you can see *two* of the top part of the silver canoe (right side). And I was very thankful for Colden46 to help me with this one.
RandomScooter and Colden46 did the other one that I will eventually be posting. :)

Speedy - Well... you ROCK too! :)
Thanks!

My Hikes in the Adirondacks

Search Greeneyezz Reflections

Loading

ZZ's Twit Videos

Summit of Mount Jo 9/24/10 A few friends were worried about me. They were worried about me hiking Mount Jo by myself, so I took this video to show how many people were around that day if I needed assistance. I even chatted with several and had a few people share a glass of wine with me at the summit. :) Mount Jo. 9/24/10 After the crowd left This is what the summit looked like... with no people on it. In the previous video I took, I showed all the people who had made this same hike to her summit.
© 2006 - 2010 Greeneyezz Reflections
© 2006 - 2010 Greeneyezz Reflections

   Ourblogtemplates.com (Modifications by Greeneyezz) Blah Blah Don't Steal My Stuff Blah Blah Bl...

Back to TOP