Blog Widget by LinkWithin
"The soul that can speak through the eyes, can also kiss with a gaze."
~Gustav Adolfo Becquer

In which I embarrass myself at the gym

>> Tuesday, January 19, 2010

What the hell is it about an ipod that makes me forget where I am at that particular time? I mean, I can literally forget about my surroundings as I become so engrossed in it that I go on auto-pilot. I suppose it's a good thing on one hand, but on the other.... ugh!

So I'm on the cross-trainer and listening to Robert Cray. He's always good to get me up and going. Besides I've so so many songs on there, I forgot I had that song, as it took a while for that to come around. It was almost like the Lost Song in ipod heaven, sort of like a 4th dimension.
Anyway, after Robert Cray, comes on a podcast. My favorite... NPR's "Wait, Wait, Don't Tell Me". LOVE that show! Anyone who's not familiar with it, they make fun of current events, and it's quite humorous.

So, I start listening to it... and what do you think happens? I start to giggle. At first, just a little bit. But that doesn't last long. A particularly hysterical piece comes on and before you know it, what am I doing?  I'm laughing out loud.  Quite loudly too...  HA! And then all of a sudden, I realize where I am. And out of the corner of my eye, I catch the guy next to me smiling and laughing too, as he had been watching me and knew exactly when...

I became aware of myself!

Damn!  I hate when that happens! 


So he asks me what I'm listening to that had me laughing so hard, people all around me were looking....

It's the 2nd AND 3rd story of this "Bluff the Listener".... but what got me was the response of the person who was to guess the 'real' story. 




© 2010 Greeneyezz

2 Reflections:

delmer 1:18 PM, January 20, 2010  

WWDTM is one of my favorites. Sometimes months will pass before I have the time to catch up with the podcasts, but it doesn't matter -- new, old, they're all good.

meleah rebeccah 12:07 AM, January 21, 2010  

Ive laughed out loud like that in a public place - however, I was NOT listening to an iPod, or anything for that matter. I just remembered something really funny and cracked up into hysterics. Yes, people thought I was NUTS.

My Hikes in the Adirondacks

Search Greeneyezz Reflections

Loading

ZZ's Twit Videos

Summit of Mount Jo 9/24/10 A few friends were worried about me. They were worried about me hiking Mount Jo by myself, so I took this video to show how many people were around that day if I needed assistance. I even chatted with several and had a few people share a glass of wine with me at the summit. :) Mount Jo. 9/24/10 After the crowd left This is what the summit looked like... with no people on it. In the previous video I took, I showed all the people who had made this same hike to her summit.
© 2006 - 2010 Greeneyezz Reflections
© 2006 - 2010 Greeneyezz Reflections

   Ourblogtemplates.com (Modifications by Greeneyezz) Blah Blah Don't Steal My Stuff Blah Blah Bl...

Back to TOP