Blog Widget by LinkWithin
"The soul that can speak through the eyes, can also kiss with a gaze."
~Gustav Adolfo Becquer

One Year Later...

>> Friday, July 09, 2010

Well, it's been a while since I've updated. I'm writing this while sitting in a very comfy Adirondack Chair, situated on the edge of Mirror Lake. The lake, a calm pool reflecting the slightly overcast sky. Almost True to its name with the exception of on occasional ripple as a couple ducks make their way across. Last year for me, Had started out just as serene. I couldn't have known at that time, how different it would end up.

July 10th of last year also saw me on time off from work. It was a typical hot July day & I was doing something I hadn' done since I was in my 20`s.... I was at the beach laying out in the sun. As I think back I start to smile 'cause it had started to pour & people were scrambling all around hurrying for cover. But it blew over quickly & when I had returned to the beach, mostly everyone had left, leaving the beach as serene as the lake I'm looking at now.
Under any other circumstances I wouldn't be able to recall with clarity what I had for breakfast 3 days ago, let alone, what was going on in my world a year ago. What seems almost prophetic now was a conversation I had with an old friend I ran into at Wegman's after leaving the beach. Our families used to go camping together when we were young. We were remenicing about that & how our parents have aged so, necesitating an almost role reversal in care-taking. Pending death was touched upon. we were talking about our parents though The Universe was conspiring for someone else. Someone much younger. Way too young. (To be cont'd

2 Reflections:

livintheblues 9:26 AM, July 10, 2010  

hang in there...

FosterDad 12:43 PM, July 10, 2010  

We are all here for you and your family!

My Hikes in the Adirondacks

Search Greeneyezz Reflections

Loading

ZZ's Twit Videos

Summit of Mount Jo 9/24/10 A few friends were worried about me. They were worried about me hiking Mount Jo by myself, so I took this video to show how many people were around that day if I needed assistance. I even chatted with several and had a few people share a glass of wine with me at the summit. :) Mount Jo. 9/24/10 After the crowd left This is what the summit looked like... with no people on it. In the previous video I took, I showed all the people who had made this same hike to her summit.
© 2006 - 2010 Greeneyezz Reflections
© 2006 - 2010 Greeneyezz Reflections

   Ourblogtemplates.com (Modifications by Greeneyezz) Blah Blah Don't Steal My Stuff Blah Blah Bl...

Back to TOP