Blog Widget by LinkWithin
"The soul that can speak through the eyes, can also kiss with a gaze."
~Gustav Adolfo Becquer

No Boundaries - Paige's Butterfly Run

>> Saturday, June 04, 2011

It's been a long time since I had finished a 5K run... Running. (Ok, it was more like a very s-l-o-w JOG, but I did it!) To me, that's an accomplishment, given the crap I've been dealing with the past 2 years since my niece was killed, and not exercising and putting on weight via stress-eating.
So on some level I'm a bit embarrassed on one hand to think it took me 48:57 to run it, but on the other hand.. I'm very happy to have finished.

Paige's Butterfly Run

I just need to work on my time now.
So, I just registered for 2 other events...
Again I am joining Fleet Feet's No Boundaries 5K Training Program, that will help me to train for ARC's 5K Run on September 10th.
And, I've just registered for The Swamprat Run on June 18th at Oneida Shores. I hope to do better than the one I did today. Even if it's by a couple minutes. :)

All in all though, I'm ok with this. For now.
Below is the group pic of all of us in this training group. And those in red in the front were the awesome coaches we had. We even get a reception with snacks on Monday.




© 2011 Greeneyezz

4 Reflections:

meleah rebeccah 12:42 PM, June 05, 2011  

Congratulations! Well done, my friend!

notterriblyordinary 12:43 PM, June 05, 2011  

Congrats to you! The hardest part is getting off your duff and getting on your feet and you've done that. Keep moving forward and you'll go far!

Greeneyezz 1:10 PM, June 05, 2011  

Thanks Meleah and Beth!
I'm hoping I can keep the momentum going. Hense... me signing up for two other events.. before I peter-out on it! lol

John 11:02 AM, June 08, 2011  

Good for you, Donna. : )

My Hikes in the Adirondacks

Search Greeneyezz Reflections

Loading

ZZ's Twit Videos

Summit of Mount Jo 9/24/10 A few friends were worried about me. They were worried about me hiking Mount Jo by myself, so I took this video to show how many people were around that day if I needed assistance. I even chatted with several and had a few people share a glass of wine with me at the summit. :) Mount Jo. 9/24/10 After the crowd left This is what the summit looked like... with no people on it. In the previous video I took, I showed all the people who had made this same hike to her summit.
© 2006 - 2010 Greeneyezz Reflections
© 2006 - 2010 Greeneyezz Reflections

   Ourblogtemplates.com (Modifications by Greeneyezz) Blah Blah Don't Steal My Stuff Blah Blah Bl...

Back to TOP